Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    As I posted in an earlier thread....

"The IPTV function still not complete as indicated by,

New:
    1- We add IPTV and we add some channels (This function we still work on it and we will add more in next software)"

Sometimes it will load a NEW sat list file correctly and most other times it will not; some times a reboot is required. I thought I would test by loading a new file with only 8 items inside. Even though it's a smaller file it still has memory problems when loading. The easiest way to get around this, is to always delete all servers from memory. Then load the file and reboot. Once loaded, the X2 plays the 8 items listed without any problems.

In the interim, I think I will wait till they correct this inconvenience, which I hope they will, then I will start playing with large usb lists.

One thing I do like is that the receiver seems to have auto volume adjustment, when changing streams.

The attached file is mostly music videos plus the last item is Mirame tv which displays soft xxx in the evening hours, so be forewarned.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eastof111; 07-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    east
    Thanks f or sharing. We need to joint efforts to have X2 to come up with a most friendly user process for the IPTV. Where all this xml files are coming from?? I have tried adding channels not included it on the server and they don't work, so where is a complete list of everything stored in the server?? By depending of stations stored in the server we will be limited. Why X2 will not allow load files from the Net such as Skybox and other models does??? What is the maximum stations that can be loaded without having to crash the unit??? We need to compile a list of stations for USA and have X2 release the list ONLY to Legitfta. Looks like they're releasing different files.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I have tried adding channels not included it on the server and they don't work, so where is a complete list of everything stored in the server??"
    It's stored in memory from a list the coders added to the firmware. It is loaded into memory when the actual firmware is installed. It is not stored on a server as indicated in the menu.

"Why X2 will not allow load files from the Net such as Skybox and other models does???"
    Because X2 does not have a VOD server. The competition actually does have private servers where they store files. Maybe Ma Wong may want to use her FTP server and share files and include that coding in the next release. $$$$$.

"What is the maximum stations that can be loaded without having to crash the unit???"
    Don't know... Haven't tried to find out.

Hope this explains some of the vagueness regarding the memory problems.
    Last edited by eastof111; 07-31-2013 at 12:55 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The X2 team sent me this message. If you have IPTV list please send it to us and we will built it in the next software

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already sent the X5 USA list several times
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with generic lists is that they are usually outdated. If the X2 team adds them to their firmware, it will be added bloat. Then people will complain that IPTV is not working. The only way is to maintain an accurate weekly list and to test each stream individually. Again, more $$$$ for the X2 team. I am happy they even considered adding a list to the last release.

Currently for IPTV to work for everyone, they need to fix the coding for adding a user list via Usb. Just for the heck of it, I deleted the list I posted earlier. Reinstalled the latest release again and was back with the original X2 list. Then I deleted all servers and loaded the new list. It did not load. Rebooted, tried again and it did not load. Did this three more times and finally after the last reboot, the new list was accepted. Once loaded it works fine.

Don't know if you can explain this problem to the X2 team. If you can, it would be a winner for all.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    The problem with generic lists is that they are usually outdated. If the X2 team adds them to their firmware, it will be added bloat. Then people will complain that IPTV is not working. The only way is to maintain an accurate weekly list and to test each stream individually. Again, more $$$$ for the X2 team. I am happy they even considered adding a list to the last release.

Currently for IPTV to work for everyone, they need to fix the coding for adding a user list via Usb. Just for the heck of it, I deleted the list I posted earlier. Reinstalled the latest release again and was back with the original X2 list. Then I deleted all servers and loaded the new list. It did not load. Rebooted, tried again and it did not load. Did this three more times and finally after the last reboot, the new list was accepted. Once loaded it works fine.

Don't know if you can explain this problem to the X2 team. If you can, it would be a winner for all.
    I just copied your post as is and sent..let's see if they can do something..

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also sent it to them.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be possible to somehow get streams from programs like xbmc or filmon to play them on the x2? I am new to this and don't know what formats are used for most of the online streaming channels. I just stumbled upon filmon and it has a decent channel selection.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rob, Xbmc won't work with the X2 because they can't communicate. Filmon streams can be found, but they don't last long. I mentioned earlier that generic lists are usually outdated and must be maintained and updated in order to function. Only realistic way to see good streams is to find them yourself and maintain your own list and load via usb stick. Or, the sat receiver vendor supplies their own maintained server with their list of streams as a perk for purchasing their receiver.

If you want to start experimenting and saving your own list, go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and look under database. I think most of those work; but for how long, who knows. I think you mentioned you needed Renault TV in an earlier post. It's listed there.
    Last edited by eastof111; 08-01-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast