Thread: Fortec KU Dish

1. Collapse Details
    Fortec KU Dish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    One of these just popped up on my local adds for 50 dollars, going to pick up Friday morning if suitable..looks to be 39" or more he has no idea of the size and I guess does not own a tape measure lol.. can anyone tell from the pic what size it is? he will also be throwing in a receiver as well and no idea what kind...lol

It looks like about the worst install job I have seen...

I am selling my complete FTA Sattelite Dish, Tripod with Receiver which is ready to use. I bought this set in $500 and selling only in $50. Only reason I am selling is I am moving from Townhouse to Condo where I do not have installation permission. If interested please email.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is what I call making good use of broken cement patio stones. LOL!!
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortec is one of the cheapest dishes that I know of. I would guess the dish in the picture to be about 90cm. Usually 1 meter or bigger dishes will have side supports for the lnb feed. The dish in the picture does not have the lnb feed supported on the sides.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the dish is in pretty good shape. Wonder what receiver goes with it? And are the cement blocks included? LOL...

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be an 80cm (have two of them myself). A word of caution, IIRC, with both of mine the elevation scale was out by about 4 degrees (had to raise it 4 degrees to get the correct elevation). Made that very first install just a bit more difficult! LOL! Other than that, the dishes have worked well (and the LNB arm has always handled the additional weight I have put on them with multiple LNBs, etc.).
    AZBox Ultra HD, Amiko Mini HD265 + Amiko 8x1, 4x1 DiSEqC, 22KHz switches
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)
    Avatar: 2008 setup 61.5w, 72w or 74w (selectable), 79w, 87w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Looks like the dish is in pretty good shape. Wonder what receiver goes with it? And are the cement blocks included? LOL...
    He emailed back and said it was an iLink..

I have about 20 receivers in the basement anyway...lol

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad... Seems Ku dishes are getting hard to find unless it's a pizza pan. Even those are starting to go up in price. I am glad I stocked up when I did. Some of the prices listed are getting to be ridiculous.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Too bad... Seems Ku dishes are getting hard to find unless it's a pizza pan. Even those are starting to go up in price. I am glad I stocked up when I did. Some of the prices listed are getting to be ridiculous.
    You got that right..you would be amazed at what people try to get for a bell dish even though they are useless in our hobby..

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a stockpile of dishes in my basement as back ups. You should be able to find a 1.2m dish somewhere in your parts.