1. Collapse Details
    switch mounting locations and weather
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Here is an issue that I've been debating... Where to mount my switches.... I've considered mounting them on the side of the of the garage but then I will have 8 wires running to the roof and 4 switches on the side...So are they weather safe enough that i can screw them into the satellite's legs/supports?...Then I will have only 2 wires running down and the ugly mess top side... But are they durable enough to be partially buried in snow for a few months? Battered by rain wind and sun light the other part?

Your thoughts opinions and experiences are appreciated...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to loss a switch about once a month before I realized it had recently rained every time I lost one. Now I have it mounted right up against my solid dish so the rain can’t get to it easily. I would either use switches that come with the plastic rain cover or make some type of enclosure for them and definitely keep them above the snow line.
    6ft Solid w/NS741 C/KU LNBF Openbox s9, 1M Channel Master w/Avenger 321 Openbox x3

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Rubbermaid waterproof type enclosure mounted near my bud (about 140 ft from house). Inside a flat sheet of wood attached to the enclosure that is used as a base to mount the switches. I've lost only one diseqc switch in the last five years with this setup. Most likely due to my laziness in plug and play without turning off the power. In my neck of the woods, heat is the the killer, so I make sure there is side and bottom ventilation. This allows me to reduce the number of cable runs into the house.