Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Can we use our saved channel list with this update or has to be done completely new??

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fubarito View Post
    Can we use our saved channel list with this update or has to be done completely new??
    read post #4

(watching Transformers on jug.tv (IPTV)
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    All you need to do to get IPTV working is connect an ethernet cable to the X2 which has access to the internet.
    so wifi wont work ?? has to be ethernet cable?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All you need to have the box Connected to the Internet either by Ethernet or Wifi
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying out the new firmware for today, Saturday, here's what I've seen so far.
    1. Receiver response to remote has slowed waaay down from last firmware, seems to take a while to respond to button-pushes. My receiver hasn't moved in distance, so I'm pretty sure its the firmware.
    2. Moving from one satellite to another, I get black screen a lot, will see signal/quality but screen black until I change channels. For instance, going from 97ku Al Jazeera or RT over to 91W ABC Newsone, will give me black screen almost every time, until I channel up/down a few times. Going from UWTV on 123W ku back to 101 pentagon channel, same thing-black screen until I channel down to BVN then back to pentagon channel. Weird.
    3. SPDIF output still cuts off for me after 20-30minutes, example Al jazeera or RT news channels on 97, using the PCM audio PID. Tonight I changed the audio to Dolby on AJ, and it was still working an hour later. The cable is good and the home theater amp works perfectly with my older rec, a Vantage 1100.
    Motor control on USALS seems to still be good. I would like to see the channel list stay on the satellite I just scanned though, instead of defaulting to master channel list, maybe they'll look at that in the future. *Hope this helps someone, my first post here.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Legitfta and thanks for the post Turbosat.

The latest firmware still has some short comings, but they seem to be trying to rectify some of the problems.

My pet peeve is, I would like to see a firmware release that is backwards compatible with the current database.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been running this firmware now for a few hours. Here are a couple of things that have been fixed since the last update. A factory default was done immediately after loading this new firmware.

1. AAC audio is being received on AMC 8 at 139 West through the HDMI cable.
    A single blindscan of AMC 8 gave me over 400 audio channels. I have seen the X2 blindscan over 500 channels, but even 400 channels is more than most of the receivers on the market will find in a single scan of this satellite.
    2. YouTube works. OR at least the couple of clips that I tried to play worked.

Overall, this firmware is a big improvement over previous versions.The X2 developer is trying to improve and make this fifty dollar receiver better...and it shows! EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Satellite storage seems to have been increased to at least 60 over the previous 32.
    As a test, I did a factory default to erase all channel info, then check-marked 60 satellites. I set the l.o to 5150 for all of the checked satellites then let the receiver blindscan all satellites. At the end of the scan, All 60 scanned satellites were in the list when the sat button was pressed.

This same test has been done on previous firmwares and it failed every time. This test is not perfect because the same satellite (97W C band) was scanned 60 times under different names. I do think the receiver will hold more than 32 satellites now, but the channel storage limit is about 5000. Keep the channel number limit in mind if you are going to store a lot of satellites. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they do seem to be working on a lot of the glitches, which surprises me for what these things cost! The best SD box I ever had, Icon S550, had ZERO firmware updates after it was sold. Luckily it worked ok, but the support is what matters to most of us.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast