Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    To clarify, The lnb is supposed to be skewed at 0 degrees or straight up when the dish is at due South or centered in the arc. You need to move this lnb from 0 or straight up (12 o'clock) to about 3 o'clock in order to get the correct polarity.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a motorized dish the zero should be at 3 o'clock (straight out to the side) when on your true south satellite. A correctly aligned mount should automatically adjust the skew from there as you change satellites. A stationary dish should be skewed based on the satellites location in relation to your location.
    6ft Solid w/NS741 C/KU LNBF Openbox s9, 1M Channel Master w/Avenger 321 Openbox x3

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Thanks. I have a motorized dish so I will set the zero at the 3 o'clock position when the dish is pointed straight up South or 12 o'clock.

Slightly off topic, is it better to use the ChannelMaster for this setup or will a DiseQc switch (2x1, 4x1) do the same job.

Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have just had a chance to clock/skewed the ESX242 LNBF to the 3 0'clock position per instructions. I am able to scan some of the channels, do I need to insert the dielectric plate in order to receive the channels laveled as DVB-S and DVB-S2, so far those channels are being skipped when TPs are scanned. Most of this FTA hobby is very new to me, so I keep asking questions and hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me the right answer.

Thanks

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dilectric plate insertion is for circular sats on the Atlantic side. If your scanning in the c band sats on the American side do not insert it as you will loose signal quality. Personally, I have used at least 10 c band lnbf over the years including the esx242- I take my little tv outside and skew until optimal signal quality is attained. I have never paid attention to what is on the lnbf.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVB-S2 channels can be hard to get. Can you tell us what size dish you are using and what DVB-S2 channels you are trying to get?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 6 foot $69.99 dish special. Had to start from scratch because everything was getting all fauled up. Will report tomorrow on the channels that the receiver is not scanning or skipping over, they are not just of the DVB-S2 type. For instance before the ESX242 was intalled I was able to scan 91W Galaxy17, not anymore, and there are quite a few other TPs and satellites channels that are not scanning as before.

The LNBF Zero marking is clocked/skewed at 3 o'clock when the dish is at it's zenith per in structions....The only thing that I am not too sure of, is how deep to locate the LNBF into the scalar ring, I have moved it in and out, with very little changes of Quality signal.

Will try again tomorrow and see if anything changes or improves.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This should give you a good starting point and you can fine tune from there. If you are unsure of the f/D ratio then setting it around 38 to 40 will probably work.
    6ft Solid w/NS741 C/KU LNBF Openbox s9, 1M Channel Master w/Avenger 321 Openbox x3

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most s-2 channels will not scan in due to dish size. Placing an lnbf to a set position and expecting results is like an exercise in futility, you need to go out to the dish and play around with-no one dish nor lnbf are going to give identical results.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Placing an lnbf to a set position and expecting results is like an exercise in futility, you need to go out to the dish and play around with-no one dish nor lnbf are going to give identical results.
    I agree. The recommendations given so far are to rough in the lnb to get you in the ballpark. From there you should tweak (not twerk ) the lnb to your specific system. A couple of degrees on the skew or a 1/8 of an inch in or out may be the difference in receiving a channel you want or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12