1. Collapse Details
    Playing recorded programs on computer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I recorded a show last night on my X2 to play on my tablet today, now I have two TS files and another file, and none of them will play with VLC on my computer. Does the X2 require a converter proggie before the recorded files will play on a computer?
    12' Paraclipse, 10' ChannelMaster, 8' Birdview, 6' Prodelin on Polar Mount For Ku
    X2 Premium, Openbox S9, HTPC to watch it all on.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to update your codec files and add hd codec.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, some receivers leave out certain info in the TS header for some reason. The Raptor was one of those receivers and it would not play correctly with VLC until the coders rectified the problem; but it would play with certain versions of Windows Media Player and some other players.

A program that plays and edits anything relating to sat receiver recorded files is VideoRedo. Not free, but worth the price, just for the editing qualities alone.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    If I remember correctly, some receivers leave out certain info in the TS header for some reason. The Raptor was one of those receivers and it would not play correctly with VLC until the coders rectified the problem; but it would play with certain versions of Windows Media Player and some other players.

A program that plays and edits anything relating to sat receiver recorded files is VideoRedo. Not free, but worth the price, just for the editing qualities alone.
    Yep. VRD will open the file, as well as DVBViewer. VLC and MPC will not. I kind of figured the x2 is like the openbox, need to have a converter. Oh well. If thats all I have to complain about with this little box I am doing pretty good.
    12' Paraclipse, 10' ChannelMaster, 8' Birdview, 6' Prodelin on Polar Mount For Ku

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The box is far from perfect but I think it is a bargain for the price. Maybe we can get them to address this video file playing problem in the future. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The box is far from perfect but I think it is a bargain for the price. Maybe we can get them to address this video file playing problem in the future. EB

Oh yes indeed. I am completely satisfied if they fix NOTHING. I am still on the may 20 FW that came with it, and I intend to stay with it...