1. Collapse Details
    I scanned a satellite, then deleted it and re-scanned but no channels appear
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi-

While learning how my X2 Premium works, and how DiSEqC motor control works, and aligning my 76cm dish with SG2100 motor, I did a couple of blind scans of satellites in "all channel" mode (One was Ku-SatMex 6). I got lists of both FTA and subscription channels, so I figured the easy way to get rid of the pay channels in the list was to just re-scan the satellite in "free only" mode. Big mistake so far! Even though the new scan finds what appear to be several proper transponders and symbol rates, it displays "0 channels found", when I know I had some before. Signal quality is in the 50-60% range on several transponders, which seems good enough. Can any of you tell me what I am doing wrong, or if maybe I need to do some kind of reset on the box? I do seem to have the alignment pretty good, and the motor operation as well (it will self-move from, say, the Pentagon HD channel on a different satellite over to SatMex 6 when I go into the "Antenna Setting" menu, for example). Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a possibly related problem with the main channel list as well. After I scanned Ku-Galaxy 19 at 97, besides that big list of channels, another long list of channels are there, from the Ku-Amazonas and C-Amazonas 1 satellites. I have not even moved the dish that far east, much less scanned anything in that range.

I know when I used to re-scan a satellite with my old Satwork ST3688 receiver, it would display a message "already found" or similar for channels it already had; does the X2 have a similar function that is possibly now causing a problem with the re-scanning? I appreciate any suggestions.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, now I know something screwy is going on. I added and scanned Ku-AMC 15 (105w), got 55% quality on 11855/3547/V, and the scan also found 12131/2500/V just as in the "strong transponders" topic, but it ended with the "no channels" message again. BUT... Now in my channel list was added "MACYS 4", which is what I might expect to have seen on AMC 15 on 11855/3547/V. In my channel list, though, it says it is on C-Amazonas 1: 3631/2785/H with the correct audio and video PIDs (100,110). Can any of you make sense out of this? Thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that after a scan the X² will show the entire channel list. Pressing the "sat" button and choosing the correct satellite before going to the channel editor is a quirk that may have to be looked into. Learning each stb's remote can at times be confusing but, having 8 remotes on my coffee table, practice helps.

Happy Testing!!!
    X² HD Premium 36" 87 - 125 Ku
    10' Unimesh 741 lnbf 97 C

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

Seeing your posts reminds me of similar things that used to happen with my X2 after I first received it, was gung ho and had set up Sats wrong in the Menu.
    I used 13/18V when I should have used only 18V setting. Channels scanned in fine , but were put in weird Sats I had not configured or saved like Amazonas Ku, Star One C2 Ku. I defaulted the whole thing and started over clean with all Sats as 18V.

My setup is not powered by the X2 but other receiver (slave). Now it is OK. I use IRDs for BUD movers and have fixed KU dishes.

Hope this helps.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "OK, now I know something screwy is going on. I added and scanned Ku-AMC 15 (105w), got 55% quality on 11855/3547/V, and the scan also found 12131/2500/V just as in the "strong transponders" topic, but it ended with the "no channels" message again. BUT... Now in my channel list was added "MACYS 4", which is what I might expect to have seen on AMC 15 on 11855/3547/V. In my channel list, though, it says it is on C-Amazonas 1: 3631/2785/H with the correct audio and video PIDs (100,110). Can any of you make sense out of this? Thanks!"

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I had a similar situation. I had scanned 72º ku and it logged Amc1/19 embedded as a spurious feed. Only solution was to delete and start over.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the quick responses.

catthepatch-
    when I hit the "Sat" key, I only get six satellites if I remember right (I am not near the receiver right now), which are three C-band ones I put in with the unit slaved to my 4DTV setup plus the three Ku ones that I set up and have not messed with since the problem started. Those three still work fine (moving the dish and tuning the channels). The phantom Amazonas satellite does not appear in the list.

jkara-
    I am using the 13v/18v setting, but it is proper, because I need to have the receiver operate my Ku LNBF. "Defaulted the whole thing" is what I was wondering about...

eastof111-
    "Delete and start over". OK, I think I will need to do that.

Now for a related question, that may need to go into a different topic: Since it appears that I need to start over with the receiver, my motor (SG-2100) will still have various satellites in it (116.8 SatMex 5 as #1, 121 EchoStar 9 as #2, etc.). Should I/do I need to also reset the motor, or should I match up the reprogramming with the existing memorized locations?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's recommended to clear the memory on the SG2100 when having major problems or starting over or switching receivers. But, I've been lucky, as some others have when switching receivers (x2, x7, Openbox s9) to try out on the same motor. Actually I was in a hurry (lazy) to test and the motor had no problems going to the correct sats (about 95%). The other 5% had to be tweaked. Bear in mind I was not using usals, but diseqc 1.2 in these instances, so your mileage may vary.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will just go ahead and reset it. I have not tried the USALS function, which this motor is supposed to have, so this might be a good time to do so. Lots of fun and learning in this hobby, but it keeps me out of trouble.

Now also seems like a good time to learn about backing up my database/settings and also trying the editor software.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reset the X2 Premium and the motor to factory defaults and reprogrammed a bunch of satellites, and so far everything has been fine. I am still using the as-received (May 20, 2013) firmware in the receiver.