1. Collapse Details
    X2 is an excellent value
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello to all the X2'ers out here. Ive been reading here for a couple weeks after I received my X2 and I am pleased to say that it's more than I expected for the price. Excellent reviews, tests and firmware posts.

My use is for general DXing with 2 BUDs and several fixed Ku dishes. Still using the Apr.9 FW that it came shipped with.
    Unit is a quick scanner and provides a very good HD pic and crisp AC-3, AAC audio thru the RCA jacks without a FW change.

Very surprized that it could scan in the new Weigel channel on SES 1 in one pass as well as the 3720H on Gal 16 without any glitches
    as some os my other receivers had trouble..

This unit seems very stable on all signals with very few exceptions on super weak AOR stuff.

One thing that I noticed is the limitation of the number of Sats one can store as been noted before in this forum.
    I use all switches on NONE and 18V for each SAT stored with no problems with dupes or weird behavior from the X2 this way.

Also when renaming or re-configuring new SATs from their pre-stored position, I have to unplug and replug as it doesn't respond to saving new SAT labels all the time. When running low on SATs saved, I rename a slot for use of several - for example - AOR KU that I can scan several sats and store channels in that slot.

Overall great receiver and will be better with more memory.

jkara

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    jkara
    Welcome to legitfta!! Thanks for your inputs on the X2!! We will keep working hard trying to solve all the bugs. Nice review!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    jkara
    Welcome to legitfta!! Thanks for your inputs on the X2!! We will keep working hard trying to solve all the bugs. Nice review!!
    Thanks Carlos.

I've noticed that you have 40.5W in your signature so I have to ask how your selectivity is when viewing
    Telemedellin, Cosmovision and Life Design TV on 806? For me, after scanning them in, only the video/audio on Cosmovision appears for all 3 channels. By flipping a couple time away from the channel, I can watch the others mentioned.
    The Vantage 1100 has better "selectivity" for super close TPs like these
    But I am not complaining as the X2 scans them in accurately but I have to "fool" the receiver a little to view them.

jkara

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once I scanned the sat I go to the TP edit menu and change the frequency 1 number up for one and one down for the other and save without scanning. I used the same trick for Telepacifico, Telecafe, Canal TRO, and Teleantioquia, 3998, 4003, 4007 and 4009. After that I make a database backup inside the box at the Menu/Channel/Database backup area. Problem is that any time you run a blindscan on the sat this trick will be erase and will bring back your close frequencies. That what the database backup is saved for!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a price/value ratio, this receiver is still an excellent buy compared to others. If you're a habitual blind scanner, as some of us are, the time saved is worth the price.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're coming in OK right now. No problema! Weird..Thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scanning in signals with an SR 1000 not a problem with the X2!

Found a couple during a blind scan on 105W and 99W Ku.

As I mentioned, an excellent value FTA receiver!

jkara