Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I have never had duplicate channels on any of my scans with both my x2 stb. Good to see the time has been addressed and the satellite list is good but I'll need to add the other eastern sats and some positions have changed name as well. The x2 will always be used in my scans but I'll have to rely on other stb for the audio/video info.
    Thank you. your the first person to state that the extra Audio/Video info we like is not there are requested..so I can inform them before the next release.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Message sent Costa..

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two other items, no big deal.

1-When editing a sat name, after saving, it will randomly freeze requiring a reboot.
    2-Sats scanned are still displayed in random order when the sat button is pressed, even though they were scanned by orbital position.

One other item just found. In the actual sat switch settings, uncommitted 1/16 will display in Program Info as diseqc 0/4 when the info button is pressed.
    Last edited by eastof111; 06-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My satellite channel list stayed intact for the first time in months with the new firmware. I am hoping that the previous firmware caused this problem. I am going to load as many satellites as I can tonight and see what happens.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Scanning both polarities on a bandstacked LNBF will do that... Both polarities are there with one voltage setting, so no need to scan 13v and 18v--just 18v.
    I figured this out "the hard way" myself last night. Well, I don't have a bandstacked LNBF but rather a "slave" connection from a 4DTV receiver (which also sets the polarization on my old-fashioned Chapparal Polarotor/LNB setup). My old Satwork receiver as well as the X2 Premium would do two whole scans in a blind search and find everything twice, thinking it was checking H and V by itself. I decided to set the X2 to 13V only and that fixed the double-scan problem, then change the polarity with the 4DTV receiver and re-scan with the X2 set to 18V. I never saw this issue mentioned in any FAQ-type list or page (for FTA receivers in general), maybe I need a really "Dummies"-level checklist to have understood this from the start.

Ideally, I would like to see a setting in the receiver for "slave mode" or similar that would do one scan, tell me to change the polarity manually (and hit "OK" or something), then do the second scan. Maybe this is a good reason to get away from the old feedhorn and get a 13/18V LNBF, and make the 4DTV receiver the "slave", instead?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will find that lnbs have improved somewhat. It might be a good idea to try a 13/18V lnb and see how it performs. You can find a decent one for around twenty dollars shipped. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "My satellite channel list stayed intact for the first time in months with the new firmware. I am hoping that the previous firmware caused this problem. I am going to load as many satellites as I can tonight and see what happens."

rrob311, if you're referring to the sat list that pops up when you press the sat button and you're using an older DB with the new firmware, you'll find that 27 sats is still the limit.

I still haven't finished scanning with a clean DB to see if the 27 sat limit has been rectified.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have DMX741 I think it is a U. I have never had any problem with dup scans. My setting for the lnb is default fq C-band side sw set to 1 tone off. The KU side is switch (sw) set to 2 22k tone on fq is 1650 I think is right number (I don't have in front of me at the moment.) Installed on uni mesh 10' , using the older X2 w/amber display. The only problem I have so far is that the record does not all-ways work and I have to soft cycle the power to get it to function. I did not have this problem w/last FW that was from current network download. I think the picture quality is better and the sat list is great. I have not had any audio problems, but I am not sure what problem was being reported. I noticed on my last FW some times audio would drop out on channel change or be loud for a short second. Is their a why to lock the clock time.? I know their has been talk about the time issue so I wondered if you could put in your own time independent of sat time info/or internet time. One other thing I wanted to know is does the YouTube work? Mine has not for some time, not a big deal as my TV has the app. Did not know if this was a bug or not.

Sorry any typos short a few digits so miss some keys some times.
    Eric Walker

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have lost the ACC audio on the Luken mux AMC7 using the June 27 firmware. The audio worked fine with the April firmware But not the June 27. For now have reinstalled the April firmware.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Observations for Ma Wong....

Started my scan with a clean DB, new firmware and reset to be sure there were no conflicts. Scanned from 45º to 113º when I had to stop.

Observations:

1- After the 28th sat is scanned, Backup Database gives a failed error message. Went to Backup to USB and received same error message. After multiple attempts to backup, it was successful. Returned to Backup Database and after multiple attempts to save, it did save successfully.
    2- 27 scanned sat limitation has been replaced by a 34 sat limitation.
    When the 35th sat is scanned, it will replace the 34th scanned sat. See before and after attached pictures.
    3- No audio on 99º G16 KU Russian Mux. It worked on prior firmware versions.
    4- Diseqc switching seems to have problems, i.e., scanning 72º ku sat picked up AMC1/19C embedded transponder.
    5- While initializing switch settings for Simon Bolivar at 78º ku, it picked up 10763 H 03100 as a locked signal, which it should not have.
    6- Received similar display for Intel 14 ku showing locked signal and yet after scanning there was nothing.
    See attached before and after pictures. Looking at a sat map foot print, I should not be receiving a signal at my location.

Hope these observations help your coders to improve an otherwise very good receiver.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast