Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    YUMI-0.0.9.7 Use Tthis to install ISO to USB stick
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those that want to experiment with Linux in order to play with Enigma2 on the Raptor, attached is a great little installation program that runs from Windows. Most of the Linux versions also have the Windows equivalent of word processors, spreadsheets, media players and centers, file managers, partition managers, text editors, telnets, vlc players and much, much more to experiment.

YUMI will load and install any ISO file to a usb stick and make it bootable. I use an inexpensive, 16gb, usb 2.0 stick made by Team model C125 and loaded four versions of Linux (see attached pix #3) with room to load many, many more versions. Each version has it's own flavor to play with. It boots up very, very fast, leaves a cd version in the dust. So, if you want to play and not harm your current system, this is the way to go. Just be sure your current motherboard is capable of booting from a usb stick and never use the FORMAT DISK command by accident!

Picture 1 is the main menu, 2 is the supported Linux versions it can make bootable and 3 is the Linux versions I loaded on my usb stick. Do a google search for the exact version listed in picture 2 that you would like to experiment with, download it and you're ready to install to the usb stick.

Have fun and enjoy playing with the different operating systems.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-30-2016 at 08:55 PM.