Thought I would play with the latest HDMU (11058), but I didn't want to use the Raptor to prepare a usb stick. So, I unzipped the *.gz file to a folder on my winxp64 C drive. Rebooted with Knoppix Linux from a cd and inserted a usb stick with an older version of HDMU on it.

Then gave root rights to the usb stick and copied all the unzipped files from my C drive folder to the MINI1 directory on the usb stick overwriting the old folders and files. Deleted everything in the Vfat partition and copied the uImage file from the boot folder in MINI1. That was it, no need to reformat and create partitions. Took usb stick and inserted into Raptor and rebooted. Thanks sublime for some of these tricks.

After the initial screen resolution dialogue display, the receiver automatically restored my settings, skins, plugins, favorite bouquets, etc., from my last backup on the internal drive. It rebooted itself and I was running the 11058 version. Saved a lot of time and effort.

Really enjoying the E2 on the Raptor more and more lately. Changing channels from my pc is faster and more responsive than using the actual RC.

Now, I have to see if the virtual Linux program I've seen on the internet is compatible with Winxp64 or even win7. This would eliminate the need to reboot with a Knoppix cd.