Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fortec 1.8 Meter Ku Dish Installation
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am looking to get a bit more signal from the satellites that are located below 61.0 West. My Geosat 1.2 meter dish does a good job of getting these satellites with the upgrades that I have done to it, but I still have some picture break-ups in the rain on the satellites that are low on my horizon. A Real dish gain of about 3db and a narrower beam-width would probably give me a decent satellite signal except in heavy rains so I decided to try an old 1.8 meter Fortec dish and see if it will perform better than my upgraded 1.2 meter Geosat dish.

The Fortec 1.8 meter dish was installed with a feed holder that is designed for Ku lnbs. Some base tests were done using a prime focus lnb from DMSI (BSC321SP) and an offset Avenger PLL lnb (321S-2). Results from the tests of these two lnbs have been discouraging. At best, I have been able to Almost equal the signal on the 1.8 meter dish that the Geosat 1.2 meter dish can produce. The Q signal increased by several points when I swapped the prime focus lnb for the Avenger PLL lnb but picture break-up and pixelation increased by a noticeable amount with the Avenger PLL lnb installed.

An Inverto lnb with a C120 flange has been ordered and I will install it with an adjustable feedhorn from Invacom. It will be interesting to see if these two parts make any noticeable difference in the strength of the satellite signals. EB
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have similar problems with my 3' Ku systems. I would like to find a 4' dish maybe. I lose weaker transponders on 91w and 97W in the rain and it's a drag.(especially since it rains up here often) I can't wait to see what kind of gains you get with this EB.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think of the dish antenna as a flat circle. IMO, you do not get a much stronger satellite signal unless the surface area of the circle is at least doubled. Look in the above link and enter 3 as the circle diameter, make a mental note of the area, then enter 4 as the circle diameter. The area of a 4 foot circle is not double the area of a 3 foot circle. So you probably would not notice much signal difference between a well designed 3 and 4 foot dish.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to your results EB with the invacom and feed horn. Just curious as to which lnb you ordered? I have noticed a major increase with mine on my 2.4m Fortec solid since I swapped it out with jsc-322.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are only two Ku universal lnbs that I have found with a C120 flange. I already have the Invacom quad on my 1.2 meter dish, so I ordered the Inverto Quad for the 1.8 meter dish. The Inverto quad lnb is coming from the UK and may be here sometime this week.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just went on the inverto web site but couldn't find the quad flange only the twin, any links?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB but this is the message I get with the link:

This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.

You must have got the last one.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link works for me and the listing is active.
    Go to Ebay and enter "Inverto QUAD C120 Universal LNB 0.3db HD Ready LMB Sat" as your search.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get any increase with this setup eb?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast