Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    E2 and XBMC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I thought I would update to the latest version of XBMC and to my surprise they have a plugin available for Vu+ receivers and plugins called PVR and LiveTV. These plugins work just fine with the Raptor and E2. It reads all your favorite bouquets and stores it on your PC HD. Now you can control your Raptor with the bouquet lists on your PC. Plus it seems you have options to move, remove, record, lock, filter, group management, etc. Haven't tried yet, don't want to mess my bouquet list.

You can watch on your tv an IPTV stream and also watch a sat channel on your PC. Looks like there are many other possibilities, but I am still playing with it. I started using the Confluence skin to see what it will look like and feel in the up coming PrismCube receiver. Looks pretty good.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    You can watch on your tv an IPTV stream and also watch a sat channel on your PC.
    I've done that before with the web interface on HDMU images, but the XBMC stuff intrigues me. I've heard about those plugins, but never investigated. Time to play!

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the website you mentioned [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] about adding XBMC capabilities to Engima2. I couldn't register because they require a referral. But I managed to get a jpg of the required files (see pix #1).

Found the required files on ftp site [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and was able to download. I booted the Raptor with the latest HDMU on a usb stick. Copied the necessary files to the appropriate directory in the Raptor using Filezilla and then installed the *.ipk file via software management.

Attached are some pixs showing the XBMC plugin in action. Works very well. I hope the developer continues supporting XBMC. AND praises to the coder!! I believe he's the developer of Webmedia plugin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the newest additions for E2 and XBMC authored by PCD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest updated XBMC addon for the Raptor.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the author is updating the XBMC addons for Engima2 (GREAT!), he posted an uninstall option for the addons. See attached file.

Also attached is the newest update.
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to try this on the Raptor and the VU+ at some point in time, but I have too much on my plate right now.
    One thing I have noticed is things that worked OK or worked slow on the Raptor work lightning fast on the Duo2.
    It looks like E2 or a similar version(E3?) will be common to most fta receivers in the next few years.

Thanks for taking the time to find this plugin and its support! EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know EB... Until I decide what I am going to do, I'll just keep overclocking the Raptor and keep playing until it does or not burn out.

With the XBMC addons, you should be ok with a slow connection speed if you stick with U.S. servers and sd. Heck, with all the plugins available, I am seriously thinking of getting rid of DTV if I can convince my wife. But, that's a challenge.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, the Raptor "Is" and "Is Going To Be" Hard To Beat. It is still placed in the #1 spot in the house with the new VU being placed second. I will let you know when that order changes.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    do the gekko hd accept thoose plungs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast