Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just some other general observations. I ran some new wiring and seem to have made the pulsing a little better. But, I noticed much of this seemed to be interference of some kind. I was over a metal roof and it was like I would get higher meter readings by just moving the wire away from the roof where it hangs. Putting my hand near the LNB or even pointing it at the roof made the needle jump. So, if I have that much interference, how do I find a signal? My quality and signal on the receiver dont seem to be jumping around like the meter.

Just as a side note, I had the receiver set to 5150/13V Aimed at Galaxy 16 with 99/65 on the old LNBF before testing. I also switched over to a spare dish on the ground and got similar results. I dont expect to get a watchable signal on it. But, I do seem to be learning how C behaves differently.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What fta receiver are you using to hunt the c band satellites?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried it on both the new X2 Premium and on a Geosat Pro DSR200. The one sort of extreme thing I have not tried yet is mounting the LNB centered. Everything I read said to use the same focal point. Im wondering if that is really only for the Ku reception to function. Doesnt seem like a good thing for C band. And I will most likely use this one for C only.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In General,
    There is no difference between the c and ku bands when setting up a dish. There is only one focal point on most dishes and the focal point does not change when you select a different band. Post some good clear pictures of the dish with the c band lnb attached so we can see if you have something installed wrong.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the help but I may go in a different direction. Possibly even more difficult but it sounds too cool to turn down. Someone offered me an Andrews 8 foot aluminum dish for close to nothing. I dont even know how Im gonna make it work. But, I think it will be fun trying. I think I have a lot of reading to do.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jugghedd View Post
    I appreciate the help but I may go in a different direction. Possibly even more difficult but it sounds too cool to turn down. Someone offered me an Andrews 8 foot aluminum dish for close to nothing. I dont even know how Im gonna make it work. But, I think it will be fun trying. I think I have a lot of reading to do.
    Your bsc621-2d lnbf would work great on an Andrews 8' solid for both bands.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great to hear. I was so excited about the cool dish that I didnt check too much on compatibility or if it would even work. I guess Im a "jump right in" kind of guy. Time to make up some really beefy brackets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12