1. Collapse Details
    Openbox/Eyebox X5 bugs/features/wants
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I finally picked up a working X5 receiver (thanks Viper!) and would like to report my findings with the receiver here. Please feel free to chip in anything you have noticed with yours. I haven't had much time to check out the receiver but am just beginning to find out more about it.

First off using the channel editor I noticed if you delete all channels on a particular bird, it will still list the satellite you are on when it reality it appears to be going back to the All Satellite channel list.

I have noticed some strange things on the blind scan. It could have something to do with my cabling but I have never had another receiver do this. I scanned over 400 channel on 97w where at 99% complete it began to double scan some transponders that were found earlier.

One feature I like is you can turn off the password requirement. This speeds things up a bit.

As far as speed the receiver doesn't seem to be quite as fast as the X2. It seems to lag in between screens a bit.

Haven't been able to lock the 16apsk channels on 95w. I tried on a day where I had 70% quality on another receiver and nothing.

The internet TV function works pretty good. I would like to get a bigger list compiled and try some new feeds.

I tried to download some more games but it said memory full. Not sure if anyone else has tried to get more games or how to free up memory. I would like to be able to download card games like solitaire.

I will hopefully be able to report more early next week. Too much rain fade right now to do much Ku testing.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do remember it double scanning as well though not all the time, I would then delete all the channels and rescan again with no doubles, it seemed to be a random thing.
    I never did try to download games so can't really comment on that, I wonder if there is a way to delete a current game to free up memory?

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The X5 is an extremely fast blind scanning receiver which I've been testing for several months now. I find that the internet works quite well but not all the time, it gets stuck on loading forever from time to time. My main use for an stb is for feeds and the X5 excels at that however, it will miss many transponders and occasionally the information on the screen is incorrect.