1. Collapse Details
    New Skybox F3 - unable to access menu or change settings
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I just received my new Skybox F3 receiver. When connected to my HDTV via HDMI, I get a message on the TV saying "This TV does not support the output format, video resolution and/or refresh rate being sent by the connected device....modify the settings in your connected device."

I tried connecting using RCA jacks and received the same message.

When the receiver is turned on, it scans through channels and ends on "NoChan" which is fine as the dish is not set up yet (by this I mean it is not positioned, etc. It is hooked up to the receiver though). But I cannot get anything to display onscreen at all. None of the keys on the remote or the receiver itself do anything except for the TV/STB button which when pressed, causes the receiver to read "ru."

The included manual is worthless. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried pressing the VFORMAT button, wait a few seconds for a picture, then press it again until a picture appears?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and that did not work. But thank you. Ultimately the issue is the TV (Philips) not accepting PAL format. Unit was exchanged for one using NTSC. Thank you.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's odd since these receivers can be used for both Pal and Ntsc. I've never had any issues with my F3.