Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Azbox Premium+ Blind Scan
    Post Thanks / Like
    The accuracy of the blind scan on my Azbox Premium+ receiver is unrivalled. If it's there then this box will find it, unfortunately a blind scan can be extremely slow unless you change a couple of default settings in the blind scan menu. These changes take only seconds and the receiver will blind scan a sat from about 10-15 minutes approximately.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unfortunately my camera isn't the best.

You need to change the minimum frequency from default of 3000 to 3700(unless 3600 for a couple of Atlantic sats)

Scan step needs to be changed from 5000 to 15000.

These 2 minor details will increase the blind scan speed on the Premium+ without it missing any tp.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a pic, Amc 6 at 72w scanned in just under 11 minutes:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the first things you can do to increase the blind scan time is to delete all but 1 of the transponders on the sat you are scanning.
    The firmware has all kinds of junk in the transponders listings which slows down the process of the blind scan.
    I have found that by deleting everything but 1 tp it decreases the blind-scan time quite a bit.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    The accuracy of the blind scan on my Azbox Premium+ receiver is unrivalled. If it's there then this box will find it, unfortunately a blind scan can be extremely slow unless you change a couple of default settings in the blind scan menu. These changes take only seconds and the receiver will blind scan a sat from about 10-15 minutes approximately.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unfortunately my camera isn't the best.

You need to change the minimum frequency from default of 3000 to 3700(unless 3600 for a couple of Atlantic sats)

Scan step needs to be changed from 5000 to 15000.

These 2 minor details will increase the blind scan speed on the Premium+ without it missing any tp.
    5000 Khz = 5Mhz.
    15000Khz = 15Mhz.
    If you change the scan step to 15000, then you may miss at least two 4 Mhz transponders in one scan step!
    How many transponders are missed with the 15000 setting will depend on the spacing of the transponders. I prefer using a much smaller step than this. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    5000 Khz = 5Mhz.
    15000Khz = 15Mhz.
    If you change the scan step to 15000, then you may miss at least two 4 Mhz transponders in one scan step!
    How many transponders are missed with the 15000 setting will depend on the spacing of the transponders. I prefer using a much smaller step than this. EB
    at 5000 the scan step is good for most satellites except Sat Mex 6 which you really need to set it at 1000 for that satellite since the spacing is so close over there.