Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    jugghedd

Welcome to legitfta!! The latest X2 special edition hasnt being in the market for a long time. Its a new model just released and it usually take some time to sort and fix all the problems. Others here found similar problems and did a work around to make thing work for them. I'm almost sure others will jump in and will help you. Go thru the X2 discussion section and read as much as you can so you get familiarize with what is going on. X2 has come up with firmware releases in the last several months to fix issues so we expect they work on yours or similar ones.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i keep hearing about the greatness coming. but for now, buggier than aardvark dung. I'll check my firmware version to be certain. But, I think Im at the latest. MAybe I'll box it up and wait for the forthcoming fixes to enable the features I paid for a month ago.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jugghedd View Post
    i keep hearing about the greatness coming. but for now, buggier than aardvark dung. I'll check my firmware version to be certain. But, I think Im at the latest. MAybe I'll box it up and wait for the forthcoming fixes to enable the features I paid for a month ago.
    No disrespect at you, but I see many happy people for a box that costs 50 dollars..Many have bought boxes in the 300-400 dollar range that have many bugs that will never be solved and scan like molasses..
    There is no super box out there that is perfect,,none that I have seen.

I would take your own advise and box it up if it annoys you this much.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use your best judgement its yours. We will try to help whenever we can.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jugghedd View Post
    jugg, do you have the north american satellite list loaded? We should be able to get your USALS up and running very shortly.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what development is and that there are experimental boxes out there. I just dont like the idea of a company advertising features it cant provide. I know its a 50 dollar box and is worth more if most of it works. So, thats how they should advertise it. Sorry if I got off on a little rant. But, I feel like Im talking to employees of the company or something when everyone seems all too understanding about being lied to. And thats really what it is. They make statements about their products that arent true. Comparing them to overpriced options that do the same isnt too helpful.

I am a little new to the industry as a buyer and I tend to compare things to computers too often. So, some of that is just my stubborn opinion. Just consider that I've been doing computer network work for near 20 years. No home phone, no internet at home, no cable TV, and I just got my first personal cellular phone since 1994.

I never take opinions as disrespect. When I act like a cranky old man, feel free to call me out on it. Im glad I can state my own opinion (even unpopular) and not get flamed too much. Who knows, minds do change too.

By the way, I will check my versions and default the box. I HAVE been frustrated with other devices and found that some moron had things setup wrong. That moron would be me. So, I will update tomorrow with specifics.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey no worries at all, this is a place where you can voice your opinions..good or bad.. I have mine as well..I don't agree where they have lied to anyone about anything..explain what you mean please.

I simply have boxes here for sale for members to buy at a cheaper price..the only reason I agreed to sell the x2 was that they would support the box, and so far this has held true.
    It does take time to code the firmware, they first have to figure out how to fix an issue and then make sure that they don't break something else in doing so.

There is also no way for any manufacturer to know that everything will work properly on every single FTA setup.. Everyone has so many variations using multiple hardware.

Comparing prices is very warranted in this aspect on what you get, what works, how well it works ect.

I think in the end when they fix what is possible you will be happy with the 50 dollar box.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im only posting more to answer the one question. I think they lied when they advertised features that even they knew their box wouldnt do out of the box. At least thats how I see it. Im not going to get into naming them. They exist.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if there are advertised features that do not work, they won't be fixed if no one is willing to report them.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. Here's why Im a little careful going out on a limb. I checked my firmware and it wasnt the newest. So, I found the newest one and installed it. Tried USALS, and.........BINGO! Channels started popping like magic. That was pretty cool. So, the only issues left for me would be the backward dish rotation. Not bad to live with especially when I spent so much time tweaking things with Diseqc that USALS is just working. I like it. And sorry for the harsh words. I think they still have work to do. but, that works pretty slick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast