Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Try updating to the latest file dated March 30 2013 in our section, eventhough the title is April-2-13 the real firmware date is March 30-2013, here is a direct link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I got it downloaded to my phone, and will give it a go as soon as I can move it to a usb drive. (no internet here at my off grid property yet) Hopefully that will do the trick, as I like this box otherwise.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their website isnt really updated or functional. You'll get more updates from forums than from the company. The USALS doesnt work for North America unless Im missing a major fix.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh. I see. That explains why I can't find a local position input area, even with the latest firmware installed. That's a shame. The box is perfect otherwise. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be added in a future update.

Edit: Oh hey! I finally found where lat/lon gets entered. For anyone else who reads this thread looking for how it's done, in antenna settings, while setting motor type, you press OK on the remote and it takes you to local position settings.
    Last edited by whrrlr1; 04-15-2013 at 01:03 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The web site is virtually non-existent. Broken links, no firmware, no info, wrong pictures. Ive had better luck on forums getting fixes. USALS is way busted from what I can tell. Mine actually lets me enter my location, then it tells me "Out of Range?" for EVERY sat. not nice. I hope they slow down the selling and get moving on development. The box has potential.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jughead which firmware are you using? Are you in the lower 48 states? I am at 72w and haven't had any range issues.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here at legitfta we have a X2 files section. Files released (tested) from X2 are sent directly here. We have direct communication with X2 so feel free to come here and download the latest files for your needs.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually did download the latest here. I also tried every other version possible. Maybe I need to factory default it a few more times or something. But, it didnt work on any version. I also havent tried entering the coordinate and back button like the one posting suggested. That coupled with me having to use the remote in reverse direction is a bit annoying. Does anyone else have that issue? It turns the proper way on my geosat receiver. But not on the X2. left=right, right=left. And if USALS doesnt work anyway, I guess entering my location is the lesser issue.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using an sg2100 motor with the x2 for several months. I just tested the usals on this latest firmware and it is working OK. Now just to make sure I understand your problem, are you unable to save your latitude and longitude settings?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After you update the firmware go to system information and verify what version/date the firmware is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast