Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    There not killing anything, They do not even know what a REAL cloned receiver is!
    Chris
    7.5' Fully Aluminum Perfect 10 Mesh, Titanium C1 PLL C-Band only LNBF, Controlled by VBox 7 and DISEqC 1.2.
    84e Modded PS Channel Master KU with STAB HH90, Eagle Aspen LNBF. Controlled with USALS.
    DISEqC 4x1 switch.
    X2 Premium + HD PVR Receiver.
    Looking for a new Receiver...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetBit03 View Post
    There not killing anything, They do not even know what a REAL cloned receiver is!
    yes they do know what a cloned reciver is and how to id it and how to kill it, if i know they know, you can bet on it, but killing the cloned
    reciver is not the answer to the problem, what they need to do is fix the firmware so you cant load it on a cloned reciver,JMO.
    Last edited by iq180; 03-01-2013 at 12:10 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, Nobody has posted anything that shows what a clone AzBox is. Differences in paint, vent holes or the color of the USB port does not identify a clone.

Good luck on producing a killer firmware for something that does not exist. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

Counterfeit unit --------------- Reference authentic unit

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    why would you post this wrong info with these pic, yes i did say wrong, you did not think you could slip that past me did you,
    i dont understand what you are trying to do here.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IQ my friend your taking this matter too personal, not worth the aggravation.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    also iq 180 this site is the wrong site to bitch go to sat guys and make powersurg look bad! he posted this shit here about the clone and other sites as well but this powersurge dude is nothing here other than a shitstirer of mis guided info or better yet greed! he want you to buy it from him ///

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaDude View Post
    also iq 180 this site is the wrong site to bitch go to sat guys and make powersurg look bad! he posted this shit here about the clone and other sites as well but this powersurge dude is nothing here other than a shitstirer of mis guided info or better yet greed! he want you to buy it from him ///
    i just dont like it when poeple try to get over on us, and i will say no more about it unless they start killing recivers, then they will here from me and they want like it.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We like to give everyone a chance to voice their opinions , views and thoughts here at Legit and this will continue.

I did have this thread closed after zero proof was produced by pw and that remains the case.

The thread was re-opened after I invited WWS to come and respond and state what we all thought to be the truth that this was just a sales thread..Buy from me don't buy from them.

It can remain open, but pw has not been here since Feb 19th after perhaps seeing we were not to sympathetic or buying into his pitch.

Discuss all you like, but I doubt we will see anything further from pw here.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    i was not going say any more about this but the members here need to know this, from what i have seen of a clone and a true azbox the
    pic on the left is a true azbox and the one on the right is a clone, now this could have changed in the past year, i dont know,

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with this whole thread is nobody knows. Most of the information here is what people think they know.
    AzBox has been through a bunch of changes. AzBox receivers could very well be made in China now using the original information provided by somebody at AzBox.

It is obvious that this thread is not making any progress. I have asked for definite proof of what an AzBox Premium Plus clone is and how to identify it. The response to my question has been mixed.
    I just made payment for 1 AzBox Premium Plus straight form China. This purchase was made in order to answer my question and to show all concerned what a China made AzBox Premium Plus looks like inside and out. Maybe doing this will help some members here.

I Do Not Support Known clones or normally purchase them. We will see what arrives from China. Then maybe we can determine if it is indeed a clone or if the manufacturing was changed to China when the AzBox ownership changed. This is all I know to do. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 03-01-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast