Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    I've never understood punishing the consumer for buying something. Go after the people selling them, YOU the manufacturer should know who is selling them legitimately and who isn't. Go after them. It is not our job as consumers to figure out what is or isn't a clone and who is or isn't illegitimately selling them. in fact why can't you buy from many manufacturers, Az included. Have to buy from someone else, who is an "authorized dealer". Who is one and who isn't. they don't update their sites very often etc. etc. Someone will sue them one day and win.
    We are taking action against the unauthorised retailers selling them but regardless, we need to ensure that their customers can't take advantage of the technical support, firmware updates and warranty provided by AzBox Canada in collaboration with OpenSat Lda. for the Canadian market. As you know, there is a cost to provide these services and the only source of revenue to fund these comes from genuine receiver sales via authorised AzBox dealers.

Unauthorised AzBox clone manufacturers and dealers selling counterfeit products don't contribute at all, financially or otherwise, in order to support and further develop the AzBox brand and are essentially stealing from OpenSat and authorised distributors such as AzBox Canada since these units are using our firmware. If everyone purchased clones instead of authentic units, we would no longer have enough revenue to pay our software developers and firmware updates would cease.

Regardless of this, we fully agree that it's not the consumer's fault that they were misled in purchasing a clone unit which is why we are assisting anyone who purchased a counterfeit unit by providing a full 10 page report analysing pictures of their counterfeit unit with pictures of a reference authentic unit. The consumer can then use this report to file a claim with their credit card company to get their money back and or the authorities as the item purchased was not as described. (i.e. fraud as the clone sellers are advertising their units as authentic when they are clearly not).

Once the outcome of their claim is known, we then arrange for a discounted genuine unit from an authorised AzBox Canada dealer of either 20% off the regular price or 50% off the regular price if the consumer forfeits their counterfeit unit to AzBox Canada. Some credit card companies require the counterfeit unit to be shipped back to the seller even if they already refused to provide any sort of refund which is why we first have to wait for each claim's outcome before being able to provide a replacement genuine unit.

In order to ensure that you are purchasing an authentic AzBox unit in Canada, you may always check our website at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which contains a current listing of authorised dealers. Furthermore, we have recently created a dynamic logo which can be embedded besides each AzBox product sold online in order to confirm the status of each authorised dealer.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    By counterfeit you mean what?

Actual AzBox product overruns made at the same factory or all out counterfeit copies made elsewhere with different parts, firmware, software, etc?

Most of the time it turns out to be the actual product made with all the same parts and software at the contracted factory in China, then moved to unauthorized sellers.

This happens all the time.

You usually only see big dollar items being copied outright, with the rest being the real deal.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is some good information here. IMO, the majority of what I have read in this thread is not a good idea. Let me explain why.

(1) Somebody produces a receiver which gets copied or cloned.
    (2) A clone kill firmware is released to destroy the copied or cloned receivers.
    (3) AzBox receivers that are copied or cloned are adversely affected, including some genuine AzBox receivers being disabled by the clone kill firmware.

The clone kill firmware is the way things were done years ago. Is this the best AzBox can do?
    Why not tighten up how the firmware is distributed? The AzBox could be updated over the internet or over a satellite as other developers have done.
    Why try to destroy a receiver? The anti-clone firmware could be designed to not run except in genuine or designated receivers.

Post some evidence:
    All I have seen so far in this thread is one salesman saying not to buy from another salesman. I have yet to see the first clone picture posted here.
    Where are ALL the pictures of the clones and where are the pictures of genuine receivers so people can compare them now?
    Where is any evidence at all? Be fair and post some evidence instead of just posting a list of distributors and saying they are the bad guys!

I do not support clones, and as far as I know, I do not own any clones.
    A few years ago, I had a genuine receiver with all of the correct manufacturer markings that was disabled by anti-clone firmware. How would you feel if that happened to you?

IMO, trying to destroy a piece of equipment that you did not pay for does not make any sense. This clone kill firmware may end up hurting AzBox more than it hurts the illegal receivers. Especially if the illegal receivers produce a way to recover a disabled receiver. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    By counterfeit you mean what?

Actual AzBox product overruns made at the same factory or all out counterfeit copies made elsewhere with different parts, firmware, software, etc?

Most of the time it turns out to be the actual product made with all the same parts and software at the contracted factory in China, then moved to unauthorized sellers.

This happens all the time.

You usually only see big dollar items being copied outright, with the rest being the real deal.
    As per our advisory, by counterfeit we are talking about the AzBox Premium HD Plus being manufactured by several factories in Shenzhen, China which is considered as the clone capital of the world. Lower quality parts are used on these devices and external and internal physical differences are clearly visible when comparing with an authentic unit. However, the units are designed to use the same software as original AzBox products so they do appear legitimate to the untrained eye.

On the other hand, genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus units are made in Korea and NOT China. We already analysed a fair amount of the counterfeit units sold by unauthorised retailers and we were able to see differences on every single one of them within 5 seconds when comparing with an authentic unit.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 02-09-2013 at 10:47 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Power Surge,

I bought one of your genuine miniMe receivers from Dr. Sat after reading numerous posts from you stating it was customized for N.A., did not have any of the problems of the ME, and was ready to go right out of the box. This was not true, the mimiMe was riddled with problems. All you did was post work arounds, but no fixes. All of your effort and work to attack clones should be put toward fixing the receivers instead of breaking them.

6. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    As per our advisory, by counterfeit we are talking about the AzBox Premium HD Plus being manufactured by several factories in Shenzhen, China which is considered as the clone capital of the world. Lower quality parts are used on these devices and external and internal physical differences are clearly visible when comparing with an authentic unit. However, the units are designed to use the same software as original AzBox products so they do appear legitimate to the untrained eye.

On the other hand, genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus units are made in Korea and NOT China. We already analysed a fair amount of the counterfeit units sold by unauthorised retailers and we were able to see differences on every single one of them within 5 seconds when comparing with an authentic unit.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Well, thanks, that certainly clears it up.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    Well, thanks, that certainly clears it up.
    Yaa Sure does...lol

Questions have been asked in this thread and no reply of proof,, he said she said.

Where's the beef PW ?

I think many have follow up questions should you choose to reply. Including myself.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Just the az box mini me importer drama of his box getting cloned according this person here at legit aka powrsg of the real north amercian approved official special editon of the az box Canada mini me is warning us not to buy this box elsewhere cause it might be a cheap clone !

thanks for warning us at legit BUT after pixl PAID for your imported mini me maybe its not even worth the price of eggs in china even to talk about clones cause if the original does not live up to a good pixl review then who cares if they make clones of a crapy box!

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might take advantage of a free and open forum such as this to post pics and technical descriptions/discrepancies between real and clone units.

This has been done countless times with audio products at various websites.

Also, memos, bulletins, and product notices have been posted.

As far as killware, how do you know who has bought a clone willingly or unwillingly?

I'm not defending the grey market but I'd hold you personally responsible if you disabled a unit I purchased

Seems like the proper legal and diplomatic channels need to be utilized.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Yaa Sure does...lol

Questions have been asked in this thread and no reply of proof,, he said she said.

Where's the beef PW ?

I think many have follow up questions should you choose to reply. Including myself.
    I was trying to come across as tongue in cheek w/o getting rude.

If there are in fact clones that are so distinguishable from the real deal let's see them side by side as a service to your customers as well as others.

Otherwise I get what people are saying, someone maybe wants to be the sole source for these units.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast