Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    i see somthing on the the back of your reciver is missing, one lable, see my pic # 22 & # 23, to the right of the fan.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My clone receiver is missing more than one than one labeling as compared to yours.
    As for other labeling, It Does Have an Opensat sticker on the bottom along with the receiver's serial number. This is the only reference I have seen to Opensat on the receiver. There is nothing mentioned about Opensat on the gift box or any reference to where the receiver is made.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    My clone receiver is missing more than one than one labeling as compared to yours.
    As for other labeling, It Does Have an Opensat sticker on the bottom along with the receiver's serial number. This is the only reference I have seen to Opensat on the receiver. There is nothing mentioned about Opensat on the gift box or any reference to where the receiver is made.
    what i want to know is does DOM, have made in KOREA on it, as the DOM gives more trouble than anything, in fact i keep an extra one on
    hand just in case i have a failed update then i can recover fast, then use the computer to clean the DOM with the bad update.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for other labeling. There is nothing mentioned about Opensat on the gift box or any reference to where the receiver is made.
    So EB, all this clone stuff set aside what do you think about the AZ box so far. Have you worked with one yet?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    is this clone box takes about 45 min. to blind scan a sat ?

6. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    is this clone box takes about 45 min. to blind scan a sat ?
    the clone reciver should work just as well as a true azbox, the new firmware 5402 will blind scan most sats in about 30 min and with a bit
    of know how you can bring that time down to 15 to 20 min.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by DOM? I am not familiar enough with AZ to know what you info you want.

Overall, The premium plus is not a bad receiver. This is the first AZ receiver I have owned and it will probably be my last because I am not impressed with the way it operates overall. It doers do 4:2:2 but that does not mean much to me. So it opens a few 4:2:2 channels, but then it loses many more such as the Luken channels on 87 West C band. It will not open the NuVo channel on 105 West C band either. The Premium Plus only displays a black screen for NuVo but the sound works.
    I have worked with fta receivers for a while, and I suspect that these channel issues could be fixed with a firmware update All I have heard about a firmware update is for clone kill which makes little since to me since the Premium Plus is beyond its life expectancy for fta receivers.
    FTA receivers usually make most of their money in the first year or two. After that, support usually stops or becomes non-existent and a new model is introduced. So it really surprises me that all of these dealers still have genuine Premium plus receivers that were made some two years ago. Something is not right here...

The Premium Plus blind scan is extremely slow and it appears to have been added as an afterthought. The Premium Plus will blindscan a satellite, then scan the transponders it scanned plus the transponders it has in the satellite file. Deleting the transponders before a blind scan is a slow and clunky process. Then again, you are using 2008-2009 technology so what do you expect?
    Overall, I think the Premium Plus does good based on what little I have used it, but I would be sore on the back side if I had paid about $400.00 U.S. for it. This high price for an out of date receiver might explain why the dealers still have original stocks of the Premium Plus some two years after original production ceased.

I will post more clone pictures, probably later today or as time permits. Most of what I took did not turn out very well so they will have to be done again. Explain what you mean by DOM and I will try to get an answer for that too.EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by DOM? I am not familiar enough with AZ to know what you info you want.

Overall, The premium plus is not a bad receiver. This is the first AZ receiver I have owned and it will probably be my last because I am not impressed with the way it operates overall. It doers do 4:2:2 but that does not mean much to me. So it opens a few 4:2:2 channels, but then it loses many more such as the Luken channels on 87 West C band. It will not open the NuVo channel on 105 West C band either. The Premium Plus only displays a black screen for NuVo but the sound works.
    I have worked with fta receivers for a while, and I suspect that these channel issues could be fixed with a firmware update All I have heard about a firmware update is for clone kill which makes little since to me since the Premium Plus is beyond its life expectancy for fta receivers.
    FTA receivers usually make most of their money in the first year or two. After that, support usually stops or becomes non-existent and a new model is introduced. So it really surprises me that all of these dealers still have genuine Premium plus receivers that were made some two years ago. Something is not right here...

The Premium Plus blind scan is extremely slow and it appears to have been added as an afterthought. The Premium Plus will blindscan a satellite, then scan the transponders it scanned plus the transponders it has in the satellite file. Deleting the transponders before a blind scan is a slow and clunky process. Then again, you are using 2008-2009 technology so what do you expect?
    Overall, I think the Premium Plus does good based on what little I have used it, but I would be sore on the back side if I had paid about $400.00 U.S. for it. This high price for an out of date receiver might explain why the dealers still have original stocks of the Premium Plus some two years after original production ceased.

I will post more clone pictures, probably later today or as time permits. Most of what I took did not turn out very well so they will have to be done again. Explain what you mean by DOM and I will try to get an answer for that too.EB
    look at my pic #57 & 71, that is the DOM, you can get to it under the HDD cover, just remove the 5 screws on the HDD cover and remove the HDD tray, it is gray, if you are looking
    at the front of the azbox it will pull out to your right, the plug looks like an IDE HDD plug, on the bottom of the DOM a true azbox has made in Korea on it, i just want to see what
    kind of parts they are using on the clone.
    now as for the azbox hd premium plus being outdated, you are new to it, LOL, you have no idea what i can make this box do,LOL,
    Last edited by iq180; 03-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted something similar at another site, and thought it was appropriate to post here as well.

We have seen one known clone from China from one manufacturer there. Appears that there may be many companies that may be manufacturing the clones, and some may be closer to the real deal, I have no idea. I did find one listing where the clone unit was as pictured as the same unit posted here, without the AZBox label on the front. Others pictured did have the label (of course, they could have been copied from legitimate sources).

So, basically, buyer beware and do your research (though if it says it is from China, you can definitely assume it is a clone).
    AZBox Ultra HD, Amiko Mini HD265 + Amiko 8x1, 4x1 DiSEqC, 22KHz switches
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)
    Avatar: 2008 setup 61.5w, 72w or 74w (selectable), 79w, 87w

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    the clone reciver should work just as well as a true azbox, the new firmware 5402 will blind scan most sats in about 30 min and with a bit
    of know how you can bring that time down to 15 to 20 min.
    If you know what changes to do in the blind scan menu and I'm sure you do IQ, I would say more like 10-15 min max per scan.

12. Likes rrob311 liked this post