Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Luken channels a bit glitchy on my azbox as well, signal coming and going- no issue on the x2.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Brannen View Post
    Thanks! I figured that 4.2.2. would probably work, but always best to get confirmation. After all, it's not like these are being built to Opensat specifications! LOL!
    That would depend on whether somebody from Opensat sold the Premium Plus and other AZBox information to China.
    Opensat closed their operations, probably because they had enough vision to see that their profits would decrease substantially if they continued. I could see some folks at Opensat selling the receiver information to China in order to make a few more dollars.

The clone that I have is pretty well constructed. It was not sent to me broken or falling apart like some of the fta receivers I have seen. I am letting the AZBox clone run continuously for a few days to measure the heat and to see if it fails.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Hmmnn.. looks like the fan is not from Korea. Pix #76

all the azbox fans are china, pull out the DOM and look under it, it should say made in KOREA.
    see pic,,,71,,, this is the DOM, you can remove the HDD cover to get to it, it is an IDE plug, just pull it out, you should see=made in KOREA
    on it.
    Last edited by iq180; 03-09-2013 at 10:32 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    That would depend on whether somebody from Opensat sold the Premium Plus and other AZBox information to China.
    Opensat closed their operations, probably because they had enough vision to see that their profits would decrease substantially if they continued. I could see some folks at Opensat selling the receiver information to China in order to make a few more dollars.

The clone that I have is pretty well constructed. It was not sent to me broken or falling apart like some of the fta receivers I have seen. I am letting the AZBox clone run continuously for a few days to measure the heat and to see if it fails.
    Cooling fan off?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooling fan is ON right now.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    4:2:2 Works. Other Channels like Luken on 87 West C band do not. Upgrading to the latest firmware from 2012 did not help the Luken issue.

The clone was not shipped with an owner's manual.
    The power supply looks identical to the original except it has generic markings on it. It is very easy to tell the difference between an original and clone power supply
    The gift box does not have "Made in Korea" on it.
    did you do a factory reset after the update, if you dont it want apply the full update, it will say it is 5402, but will still be useing 5020,
    factory reset is a must for the firmware to apply.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The receiver weight that is stamped on the box says the receiver should weigh 2.11 Kg. I have a refrigeration scale that is pretty accurate. The clone comes up a tad short in weight. It should weigh 4.65175 pounds, bot my scales show 4.505 pounds.

Here is a picture of the clone receiver's bottom cover. IMO, ventilation has been improved in the clone.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The back cover of the clone is very similar to the original. The center of the rear usb port is black, and the ventilation fan of the clone appears to be mounted correctly.

The Front of the receiver does not have the AZBox logo.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you weigh it with the power supply or not, and i will pull my HDD and weigh my my azbox with my refrigerant scale.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. The power supply should not be weighed.
    Also, please look on the side of your gift box and see what the weight is supposed to be. I assume that the information on the clone gift box was copied.

The inside of the clone is very similar to your original. I will post more pictures as time permits. EB

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. The power supply should not be weighed.
    Also, please look on the side of your gift box and see what the weight is supposed to be. I assume that the information on the clone gift box was copied.

The inside of the clone is very similar to your original. I will post more pictures as time permits. EB
    PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Dimension====340 x 243 x 66 (mm)
    Gross Weight (w/o HDD)====2.65 kg
    Gross Weight (with HDD)====3.04 kg
    Net Weight (w/o HDD)====2.11 kg
    Net Weight (with HDD)====2.49 kg
    this is what is on the box just above the made in KOREA.
    i think the extra vents in the bottom of the case on the clone will make it weigh less than my azbox.