Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    As per our advisory, by counterfeit we are talking about the AzBox Premium HD Plus being manufactured by several factories in Shenzhen, China which is considered as the clone capital of the world. Lower quality parts are used on these devices and external and internal physical differences are clearly visible when comparing with an authentic unit. However, the units are designed to use the same software as original AzBox products so they do appear legitimate to the untrained eye.

On the other hand, genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus units are made in Korea and NOT China. We already analysed a fair amount of the counterfeit units sold by unauthorised retailers and we were able to see differences on every single one of them within 5 seconds when comparing with an authentic unit.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Well, thanks, that certainly clears it up.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    Well, thanks, that certainly clears it up.
    Yaa Sure does...lol

Questions have been asked in this thread and no reply of proof,, he said she said.

Where's the beef PW ?

I think many have follow up questions should you choose to reply. Including myself.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might take advantage of a free and open forum such as this to post pics and technical descriptions/discrepancies between real and clone units.

This has been done countless times with audio products at various websites.

Also, memos, bulletins, and product notices have been posted.

As far as killware, how do you know who has bought a clone willingly or unwillingly?

I'm not defending the grey market but I'd hold you personally responsible if you disabled a unit I purchased

Seems like the proper legal and diplomatic channels need to be utilized.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Yaa Sure does...lol

Questions have been asked in this thread and no reply of proof,, he said she said.

Where's the beef PW ?

I think many have follow up questions should you choose to reply. Including myself.
    I was trying to come across as tongue in cheek w/o getting rude.

If there are in fact clones that are so distinguishable from the real deal let's see them side by side as a service to your customers as well as others.

Otherwise I get what people are saying, someone maybe wants to be the sole source for these units.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    I was trying to come across as tongue in cheek w/o getting rude.

If there are in fact clones that are so distinguishable from the real deal let's see them side by side as a service to your customers as well as others.

Otherwise I get what people are saying, someone maybe wants to be the sole source for these units.
    Oh, Yes I recognized the sarcasm of your post right away..and appreciated it.

PW should understand that killing someone elses property may and should make him liable for the cost of the box to the person who bought an AZ not knowing if it was a clone or not.

Does he really think that when he kills someones box and offers a small discount for a genuine, that those people would actually buy something from him/drsat ?

There are other way's to secure your firmware rather than hurting innocent users that had no idea that they had a clone/ if they did.

As other have posted, concentrate on fixing issues!

If we don't see proof or some solid evidence and explanation here then this will be closed as nothing more than a sales pitch or rumor.

click click b00m