1. Collapse Details
    "On" flashes continuously
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just wondering if anyone has had this problem with their S-9. When I turn on the power the word "On" flashes on the fron of the receiver continuously and doesn't stop. This happened about a year ago and I just left in on and after about 15 minutes the flashing stopped, the receiver booted up and all has been fine since then. Last weekend the flashing "On" reappeared. I left the receiver on for over an hour and nothing changed. Anyone ever seen this happen?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you try re-loading the firmware using a null cable and your pc?? I have heard a lot of bugs on the Openbox but not this one. Pixl came up with a fix for the No Signal (PTC resetable fuse on the main board) and recently a fix for the constant reboot (8 pin dip SD4844 on the power supply board) when using a motor.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EC,

I have seen that a few times on early firmware, I just re-booted once or twice and it cleared it.
    I later installed the 7-17-11 FW (the best version in my opinion) never saw the "on" thing again.
    What ver are you running?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    EC,

I have seen that a few times on early firmware, I just re-booted once or twice and it cleared it.
    I later installed the 7-17-11 FW (the best version in my opinion) never saw the "on" thing again.
    What ver are you running?
    Not sure and with the receiver unable to boot up, I am not sure how to figure it out.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    a fix for the constant reboot (8 pin dip SD4844 on the power supply board) when using a motor.
    Carlos, the SD4844 fix is for the S-10 only, where the PTC fuse is found in many models.
    Thanks for the credit

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    easy c have you ever had to take your box and bring it to the computer and use the 232 null cord as the way to fix the open box as in recovery?
    Last edited by TunaDude; 02-05-2013 at 02:36 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Not sure and with the receiver unable to boot up, I am not sure how to figure it out.
    You will have to do the rs-232 rescue if you can't horse it back on. The file I mentioned is here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've never had to load FW this way, maybe someone else can explain the procedure.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Carlos, the SD4844 fix is for the S-10 only, where the PTC fuse is found in many models.
    Thanks for the credit
    You're welcome!! I ordered some power supply boards as replacements and 2 of my S9 are using them. They fit perfectly, so just in case if he need to use a S10 P/S board he can look for the SD4844, Thanks for all the help!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    If the box at least turn on you can be able to load the firmware using the recovery or rescue loader and a null cable