The anaconda I have is not showing up on the network I have except as a media server. In other words I have 2 wdtv live boxes, azboxme, several computers, the anaconda all hard wired to a network. When I go into my computer and then to network I see all of them at the top except the anaconda. I can access the hard drives etc of the others but not the anaconda. It is down below as a media server.
When I go to my anaconda and look at dlna sources nothing shows up there but my computers. I had the same problem with my azme but went into samba file and changed group to "WORKGROUP" and all is well. It appeared up top on my computer and I can directly access the hard drive. On the azme everything shows up but the anaconda , but I can access it through a mount.
i went in to the samba file of the anaconda and it has "workgroup" in small case. I fixed it and filezilled it back in but nothing changed. I'm running regular firmware, and can access the internet on the anaconda.
Is there a setting to look at / change or is that a limitation of regular firmware. I'd like to be able to transfer files from one to the other....and I guess I can do that through the web interface, but I'd really like to play anything recorded on any thing on anything. Right now the anaconda can't play anything off of the wdtv lives or azme.....but I can play things off the anaconda on all other devices/computers.
Thanks for your help!!!!!