Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My Review of the X-Square (X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I can only say that I did not expect much when I got this receiver. It was a surprise to open the box and find composite AV cables (White, Red, Yellow), a HDMI cable, and a Wifi USB dongle. There were also two remotes included but no AAA batteries for the remotes were included.

The X
    Last edited by el bandido; 01-29-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added Premium to thread title
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, very good review!! Now people will know why we who already owned one were so desperate to get the new shipment to US and get another one!!! Best part is that once you scanned all your sats you can save a copy of your database inside the box, erase everything and re-scan again so you can later compare. The database will not be erase from the memory even if you do a factory. So at any time you can restore the database and you will have everything back!! You will also see channels pop up that you used to scan before but cant see. Thks
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you on the x2 blind scan, and the tuner sensitivity is great also and I'm using this on a 1.2 meter dish c-band.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry I hit something I shouldnt please accept my apologies. Viper see if you can help me to deleted mmy mistake on the POST THANKS section Sorry

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good point about storing the database. I have already used that feature. The Raptor does the same thing so I am familiar with it.

Universal LNB L.O. frequency settings in the X
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow a 230 in the morning review wow eb nice post look around iside the menu for me if you can about is there anyway to run one 8 switch which is 1.1 and then add into this a regular 4 out put 1.0 disec like the open box?

reason I ask is this box sounds great im still leaning toward the eyebox x5 / openbox x5 cause this does have the settings like my regular open box s9 where I use both 1.1 and 1.0 in my set up I like being able to use my 8 switch this way out of the 8 ports on my 8 switch 3 of the 8 I added a disec switch 1.0 and have the settings inside my open box to match what gets me is this is the same maker of open box s9 and the same maker as the new eyebox x5 the eyebox/open box x5 has 1.0 1.1 and 1.2

so this 53 dollar fast blind scan x2 and what it found on 87w as an example the pbs and ktel and the 72w 1666sym rate one like you wrote is telling me it has quality of what I want faster blind scan more accurate blind scan but im stumped with lack of setting for lnb

And Carlos you open my mind with the saving of you channel and all and being able to write them back I thought I read it looses what you had from before whne you do a new blind scan of a certain sat.......

I know you use 1.2setting and a motor eb and once rrob posted a screen shot of the setings can you look into this a bit more eb if I got 17 lnb all ku and I use one 8 switch how do you run a 8 switch and wire into it 3 regular 1.0 4 out put disec switches?

and since you have this box now 93w ku 89w ku and then 99w ku can you please give me a time line of these in a blind scan like viper did with the eyebox?

93 and 89 don't have much in ku most of the time and 99 does you all ready answered 87w ku and as far as skinny tp be on the look out for the 89w ku in you blind scan the 12196 h 12192 12188 12185 12182 12178 etc ql 2185 symbol rates most of the time these piss me off when the open box skip over it example the
    nebraska one is acitv as I type this 12192h 12196 h both seem to bring it in this morning just want to see if this x2 finds it

And thank you eb when you were talking about 87w ku in your blind scan and 72w at least were on the same page you 2 am poet!

the time line in a blind scan for 93w and 89w these to seem to diddie daddle a lot and on 93 you might find one Spanish channel 12005 v and maybe a hit or miss other Aztec feed or a 6111 feed from America and 89w maybe the bring in byu stuff and the Nebraska feed on those 12192 2185 this shows me how much maybe fasgter the x box realy is and 99w ku with its cbs new path and shit load of 3978 feeds most times my open box does this in around 3.5 to 4 minutes and most of the time finds at least 10 channels with something on it maybe not on a sunday morning but 99w ku if the x2 does it in around 2 that a plus...

o yea one more the echo star on 105w 12123 h 1000 lately its been hard to blind scan in again for me even with 60% quality even the regular tp scan it misses but I have it in my channel list all the time.

note at 11 15 am on sunday morning I have no quality on it so I don't know if its active or there is weather issue from colorodo somimtes I loose quilty on it but you have your 105 on your motor and the centered 1.2m dish ii have 105 piggy backed on my 36 inch round dish aimed at 101 ku so you might see quality where I don't right now and again thanks eb
    Last edited by TunaDude; 01-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great review EB, I wouldn't mind testing this receiver but no shipping to Canada creates a problem.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    does amazon ship to Canada? if so you can buy one from amazon costactc but you have the new open box x5 both made by the same folks! whats the point of getting this x2 ?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaDude View Post
    does amazon ship to Canada? if so you can buy one from amazon costactc but you have the new open box x5 both made by the same folks! whats the point of getting this x2 ?
    Always have the itch to try a new receiver. I attempted to buy this receiver 2 months ago on Amazon and the transaction was cancelled when they realised that I lived in Canada.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went thru the same process having problems to ship to Puerto Rico. All I did was to order one from here and have it ship to a member of my family in Florida and from there they will ship to me by US postal service.

EB
    Can you let me know which firmware version your box came with?? Mine using Dec 5 2012 will overwrite renamed channels with PR1, PR2, PR3 (same as Ch-1, Ch-2, Ch-3 on Openbox)Thanks

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast