1. Collapse Details
    ESX 244 C Band Lnbf
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm thinking of using a quad lnbf with my c band setup and just wanted to know if anybody else has used one of these. I've seen it advertised as 3.4 to 4.2 Ghz and 3.7 to 4.2 Ghz. For the sats that I pull in on c band I would need 3.4 to 4.2. Which is it though as I have seen the exact same lnbf advertised on other sites with both capacities. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had better luck using an ESX242 and a Zinwell 3X4 multi-switch than I did with the ESX244. For some reason, I never could get certain S2 tp's to come in on the ESX244, one in particular is 3920/V/30000 on 105.0W C-band. I never got a sniff of a signal on that tp using the ESX244 and I skewed it every way it could be skewed. I put my ESX242 back on in the dark and without even tweaking was getting a signal quality of 82% on that same tp. I have 2 of those ESX244s bought from Hyper still in the box, one brand new and one used for about one day. I also tried one of the Panorama Quad HY-8624E and the results were worse for it than the ESX244, I used it about a day and retired it back to box it came from.
    I am currently running 3 fta receivers and a DSR922 4Dtv receiver using the ESX242 and a Zinwell 3X4 and everything works perfect, the polarity switches independently on each receiver(I can watch a Vertical channel on one box and a Horizontal on the others).
    I hope this helps. If you still want to buy one of the ESX244, pm me and I will sell you one of mine.

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legacy lnbs are known for giving problems when more than one receiver is connected to them. I love the bandstacked technology and I wish our receivers would support the bandstacked lnbs.

I have tried dual c band lnbs from WSI, DMS, and Geosat. None of these lnbs have worked they I think they should with two receivers powered on. The problem with these lnbs is the ports are not isolated.

Do a simple test. Connect two receivers straight to your dual c band lnb, bypassing any switch or multi-switch. Turn on both receivers for a few minutes, then select a c band satellite on one of the receivers. Go into the antenna setup and turn the lnb power off. Did the signal from the lnb go away once the lnb power was turned off? Can you watch tv with the lnb power off? Do both polarities work with the lnb power turned off, or does the polarity work that the other receiver is tuned to?

All of the dual lnbs that I tested will have some power on both ports even when the power is turned off on one port. This bleed-over creates issues that may or may not be easy to see. Some receivers I have would switch polarities in an environment like this, but others would not.

Adding a multi-switch such as a Zinwell MS3X4WB-Z seemed to help some. These Zinwell switches are designed to be connected to a lnb that has separate H & V ports. All of the lnbs mentioned above have both polarities active on each port, and the ports are not completely isolated.

The only dual lnb that works correctly for me with multiple receivers connected to a Zinwell multi-switch is the Pauxis 1600 lnb. The Pauxis 1600 lnb has separate H & V ports so it is designed to work with the Zinwell multi-switch mentioned above.

Recently I had an interesting experience with a ku lnb. I have the WSI ESX522U-FE connected to two receivers without using a multi-switch. The two ports on this lnb do not share power. With both receivers powered on, I can turn the lnb power off on one receiver and the lnb power goes to zero on that receiver like it should. This lnb has operated two receivers without any problems or issues so far.

I have seen some ku lnbs advertising 4 local oscillators. A normal standard lnb has one local oscillator, and a ku universal lnb has two local oscillators.
    IF the new ESX522U does have 4 local oscillators then it would be about the same as having to universal lnbs in one housing! That is about the only explanation I have for it working like it does. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using dual lnbf's for c and ku band for years without any issues. I switch back and forth from both receivers and have never noticed any problems at all. I must say though that I've experienced the bleeding effect on c/ku lnbf's. I think I'll stick with my present equipment for the time being. Thanks for the replies Mengram and EB.