1. Collapse Details
    Triplex and Internet TV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hey guys,

Going back and forth between the Triplex and the Raptor and was curious if the Triplex has the same Internet TV + feature that the Optibox products have.

Also is either one of these boxes more preferred?

Thanks

The Doc

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Internet TV features are similar on these two receivers. The Golden Media TripleX is probably a bit better in the Internet TV area than the Raptor.
    You might want to look at the Golden Media ONE. This single tuner receiver has the same features as the TripleX. The main difference between the One and the TripleX is the number of tuners.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Quick question. Does anyone know if it supports the same formats as the Optibox products? I have heard people compare the GM to the Alien 2 and the Alien 2 with Spark does not support the same Internet video format as the Optibox products so you can't use a list the same way you can on an Optibox.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you be a little more specific about what formats are supported/not supported?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told that the Alien 2 with Spark does not support the channel lists that people use for the Optibox which include SWF players running RTMP video links. I can PM you a test link of one I found in the list for the optibox Internet TV if you like.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot answer that question in detail but these receivers can run Enigma2 firmware(s).
    E2 will give some extra options for internet tv that are probably not available in normal Spark or Optibox firmware.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thanks. I will look into Enimga 2 and see if I can find any answers there. Do you like the GM stuff over the Optibox stuff?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overall, the Optibox Raptor has been the best fta receiver that I have owned.
    The Raptor scans better than the TripleX, and it records better. I have a 1 TB internal HD installed in my Raptor for recording. The Golden media receivers do not support an internal hard drive or esata drives.
    The Raptor does have some problems that will probably never be fixed, but so does the Golden Media receiver(s). I have posted a review on the Raptor that you may want to look at.

We do not sweep problems under the rug here or ask you to open a support ticket when you have a problem. If you look in the Optibox threads, you will see every issue or problem that we have been able to find. EB