1. Collapse Details
    Openbox Testing + Results
    Guest Guest
    Just got my openbox s 9 and decided to start this thread for all members testing this stb out. It'll be nice to finally be able to compare with my azbox ultra hd.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Openbox Testing + Results
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think you or anyone will love this HD Box..Picture Q is very nice and loaded with features..there so many things it's capable of and I'm sure more will be added. For the money I don't think it can be beat at present. I did see a you-tube video of an openbox version that has the Ethernet port enabled and they were using it as a web browser. It was in Russian I think so was having a hard time reading text on the video..Would be nice to have that option as well.

Anyway looking forward to your views on the OpenBox. One thing when you are playing around be careful about pressing the V-format button on the new remote, it will change the resolution or to pal format. I did this many times, I did see a thread where someone took the remote apart and placed some tape over under the button on the board, but I'm looking for a better solution than that..It would be better off just disable as you can access that in the OpenBox menu.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I noticed that v button, I had to go into menu to get picture back. I scanned all ku sats yesterday and in the process of scanning all c band sats. Awesome picture quality and an extremely fast blind scan. I didn't see anything in the menu for pid insertion. The only downfall that I've seen is that 4:2:2 is not supported like my azbox.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the nice background image that el bandido made. just loaded it.

[img width=400 height=224]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/woofy_06/DSC00054.jpg[/img]

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I'm having audio issues, can't hear a thing. I have it hooked up with an hdmi cable with audio set to BS out. Not even a reboot helped, any ideas?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the audio button on the remote bro, many channels have different output..you might see 3 or 4 when you press the audio button and select one until you hear sound. If not could be the setting in your tv menu.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc
    I'm having audio issues, can't hear a thing. I have it hooked up with an hdmi cable with audio set to BS out. Not even a reboot helped, any ideas?
    What satellite and channel???
    It looks like you have a setting entered wrong.
    LPCM Out Should be correct for hdmi instead of BS.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    No can do Viper. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I unplugged the hdmi cable and reverted to rca cables and voila I got audio but message on screen says no osd show. press vformat to switch and now all I get is a scrolling screen.

9. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc
    No can do Viper. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I unplugged the hdmi cable and reverted to rca cables and voila I got audio but message on screen says no osd show. press vformat to switch and now all I get is a scrolling screen.
    Finally got it to stop scrolling. I do have it set to LPCM out. Finally got it to go after pulling my hair out, thanks guys.