Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    dr zin...one of my friends loaded the anonymous x firmware, 8/15 i think...and can't install anything else...do you know of a way to load another firmware on or get rid of that one? Thanks for the info

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I killed my genuine s10 with the aug 2012 anonymousx firmware that was released by a beta tester, and he neglected to mention it was for clones only.The protection ic is actually a secure eeprom that has a section that can be read and written to,like the mac id details and other stuff mentioned on the sys info screen.That firmware corrupted the chip and now you can only run anonymousx firmware or you get the --
    If you disable the prot ic by removing the surface mount resistors in series with pins 5 and 6 you can run modded manhattan firmware,but the front panel doesn't work.I modded it to use the openbox remote.I'm not delighted with the results even with the feb 2013 firmware,the last firmware I could find for m3602 based receivers.The audio was out of sync with the video on stuff recorded with that firmware.I have been using modded globo hd x100 firmware,but the tuner works just the opposite of the original firmware i.e. H transponders blindscan as V and vice versa.Front panel doesn't work
    but like the manhattan it has the signal beep function for dish aiming.It also has another benefit I can't mention on this site.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    skymaster dxh90 will work on the s10 after modding and has the signal beep feature and a feature I like-resume playback of a recording you stopped previously.Like a tape or dvd where you can pick up playing where you left off.
    Also the rec icon disappears off the screen after a few seconds when recording.
    That is a 2meg firmware.With the 4meg versions, the tuner doesn't work at all.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. So even with the security chips removed you can't load s10 or s9 firmware in it? Manhatten just came out with a new release I think...will that work? Thanks for the info and help!!!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the information I have on Openbox to Manhattan firmwares:

The first versions of the Manhattan firmwares will work on the Openbox S9 and S10. Later Manhattan versions will load but will only function in a very limited way on the S9 and S10.

The Current 4.4 version from Manhattan that was released in 02-2013 will load but will not function correctly on the S9 and S10.
    The Manhattan 4.4 version will load and function almost 100 percent correctly on an Openbox S12. No other Manhattan firmwares have been publicly released after version 4.4.

A Manhattan remote or programmable remote will be needed for Openbox to Manhattan conversions. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    Thanks for the info. So even with the security chips removed you can't load s10 or s9 firmware in it? Manhatten just came out with a new release I think...will that work? Thanks for the info and help!!!
    nope,even with the oldest solomend firmware I could find from june 2010 you get the --
    which is the hardware detection error.
    with manhattan 4.4 you have to mod the firmware to use the openbox remote and disable the prot ic.
    If you don't disable the prot ic the tuner doesn't work(clash on the i2c bus I believe)
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping to find somebody with a clone that could copy the eeprom,then I would replace the chip with a regular eeprom and be able to run openbox firmware that was pre-clone detection at least.Now that anonymousx had a falling out with openbox you think that he would at least release the tool he used to decrypt the firmware.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed LINKBOX USA (PANSAT) is using Ali chip *.abs on their latest models 8000HD/Plus/Local. I have a 8000HD Local (w/ATSC) that has H/V scanning options and several additions that could be great to have it on Openbox models. Software and Channel editor looks pretty similar to Manhattan and Openboxes. Hey Dr Zin do you think you can give it a try??
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably a later version of the chip,like the 3601 or 3606
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the linkbox editor is actually an old version of alieditor with an updated script.ini file .
    If I had one I would be using v3.03 and the updated ini file,it had more features.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast