Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    so what are you using gary? are you trying to re load your original firmware that has you hds2 dump is it taking the write?

not to insult you but are you powering down the box first then I guess the loader you use you add what you are gonna write to your open box and are you checking the add boot loader? does it have this feature in your loader program if not that could be an issue as why you have not had success yet

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the AZ loader and the pansat loader with many different firmware ver. I will take any help that there is .

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Pansat loader are you talking about and where did you get it?
    Does the loader display any errors when you try to load the file to the receiver?
    Does the loader display anything at all while the file is being transferred?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me give you a little info ,first of all I am not just a user,I owned and operated a satellite & computer sales and repair shop for 14 years in the US Columbus, Ohio. I used a skybox s9,s10,s11 epromupgrader, and AZ loader and a pansat loader. I used factory files . I ask for help because I have done all the normal restoring process. My total years working with satellite and computers are about 25 years. The loaders takes the file loades it than burns to flash memory. Yes I reset the box when loading the file to flash. Yes I check boot loader.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I see you have the know how that's great to bad your open box isn't coming back using the az eprom loader like I use you have tried what I do and just short of saying to you I don't know what to tell you now on your box maybe a way to j tag it if there is a way?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bidwell View Post
    let me give you a little info ,first of all I am not just a user,I owned and operated a satellite & computer sales and repair shop for 14 years in the US Columbus, Ohio. I used a skybox s9,s10,s11 epromupgrader, and AZ loader and a pansat loader. I used factory files . I ask for help because I have done all the normal restoring process. My total years working with satellite and computers are about 25 years. The loaders takes the file loades it than burns to flash memory. Yes I reset the box when loading the file to flash. Yes I check boot loader.
    If you would have put this info in the first post, it may have saved some time. We do not assume anything and have to ask basic questions in order to get an idea of what to tell you.
    I have had one receiver sent to me that had problems as you described. The receiver I worked on would take firmware that belonged on another receiver and work with it to a degree. But it would not run with the firmware that it was designed for. I could not fix this receiver and it was returned to the factory. I was never told if they fixed it or what was wrong with it. This is all the info I have on your problem. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info and trying to help

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded a fresh copy of firmware and the S9 upgrade and found that it did not work with a different firmware version than I had in the receiver when problem show up,but then I tried the same ver. of firmware and it worked. Could it be that the ver. that we load to fix makes a differences ?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems there is a mini operating system you can load to push out a version that is stuck in the receiver. It only has re-load firmware capabilities. You then load a known good file in the receiver.
    Trouble is I don't remember where I read about this. Maybe someone else?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    openbox firmware is full size,so there is nothing to push out when you flash since you are flashing the full chip.
    -- is a hardware detection error,like trying to load old solomend firmware from early 2011.The -- error is what lead anonymousx to make his versions of firmware.His prot ic got corrupt and he got that error.He hacked openbox firmware to bypass the hardware check.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast