1. Collapse Details
    Webserver TV setup (4:2:2 streaming to PC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I just tested the Webserver TV function with the latest 1.2.60 version of Spark on the Triplex and it works. I was able to stream a few lower resolution channels to my PC using VLC player. I tried the 4:2:2 channels on 97w and was unable to stream due to bandwidth limitations. It should work for folks with good internet speed. I am only able to Stream low res channels. Maybe I will leave my receiver on tomorrow and attempt to stream from work. It is pretty easy to setup.

1. Make sure you have VLC loaded on your computer.

2. go to settings in the receiver and find the IP address.

3. Go to System and toggle Web Server option to on (the username and password are listed in Web server section)

4. Tune your Triplex or other Spark receiver to whatever channel you would like to stream.

5. enter IP address into your address bar on your PC.

6. Spark Webserver screen will show up where you enter the username and password (usually root, root)

7. Click on Webserver TV option.

Bam! channel should start streaming where it also gives you current channel information. There may be ways to remotely change channel but I haven't gotten that far yet. Also looking for a way to view VLC player in full screen so I can then use HDMI port on my laptop to make it full screen on TV.
    Last edited by rrob311; 12-19-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still haven't been able to stream a higher bandwidth 4 2 2 feed. I may try again later this week from the Hotel or maybe somebody with a Triplex or Other GM receiver can give it a shot.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not able to access this from outside my home. I am not sure what IP address I need to use because it just wont load so I am thinking there is another IP address that is blocking me from viewing it ouside of my network. If anyone has any experience with this and any tips it would be much appreciated. I have tried it from several outside networks and none of them will connect.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know what IP address I need to access this remotely outside of my network?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you need to do is configure your router to forward the http server port to your receiver's address.