1. Collapse Details
    13' Comtech C120 LNB Ku project
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I took down my 13' Comtech dish now that I have my 10' Winegard scanning the arc finally. I have a separate Feedhorn assembly for Ku for my Comtech dish that I do not have an LNB for. It appears to take the C120 style LNB. I have been looking for a decent priced C120 style LNB so I can test some fringe Ku feeds with this. Are there any weak eastern Ku feeds worth pointing this thing at? It is on a trailer so I can move it around my yard. 30w is pretty weak from my location and I have never caught it.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the feed horn matched for the 13 ft. dish? Is the 13ft. dish designed for ku? If the answer to both questions is yes then you have one heck of a setup for ku!!
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I bought the dish from a guy up in Maine who used to use it for uplinking. The feedhorn is specific to that dish. It is a solid fiberglass prime focus dish. It folds up and is permanently mounted to a trailer. I have been using it for C band all this time. Just don't have a Ku lnb for it. The feedhorn has a gear drive motor built in to adjust skew.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found an Inverto quad C120 LNB for just under 50 shipped from the UK. Seems to be good but I can't find specs on it. I think it is universal. I have been hesitating to spend 50 on the LNB because I spent 50 on the dish. LMAO

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spend the 50. We only live once!
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bit the bullet and ordered the inverto classic. I think I am going to position the dish at 30W and see what I can get. I will post my results hopefully by next week if it arrives in time.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering where you live Rob you shouldn't be having any issues with Hispasat at 30w. Telstar 12 also has some interesting channels like Msnbc at 15w. Aside from a few feeds 0n 12.5w, 22w, 37.5w there aren't many unencrypted ku channels on the Atlantic side.