content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I am not having any problems with either one of the AMI channels. EB
    Do they scan in as $ but ITC?
    What pids did it detect?
    This is your Raptor I take it.
    How about mengrams NUVO channel on 105.0W C-band 3920/V/30000.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problems with 107 AMI either with the Raptor, however since day one with either the Raptor or Anaconda I have had problems with 105.0W C-band 3920/V/29999. I have tried different firmware from different boxes and 105 always stalls on 105.0W C-band 3920/V/29999.

I continue to scratch my head on this...

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Do they scan in as $ but ITC?
    What pids did it detect?
    This is your Raptor I take it.
    How about mengrams NUVO channel on 105.0W C-band 3920/V/30000.
    Yes. The two channels scan as scrambled but are in the clear.
    Scanned PIDS are 16,18 & 32,33
    This is with my Raptor on a 7.5 ft. dish.

Nuvo will give me problems if I go into the menu while watching it. Doing this locks the receiver up. Nuvo seems OK as long as I do not go into a menu while watching it....Go figure.
    The other channels on 107 may do the same. I am going to check them again.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    "107w 3748 V 6774 two channels in the mux, scan as $ but are ITC. However, one is ok, v32 a33, but the other v16 a17 locks up the Raptor, sound only, and no navigation after this requiring a hard re-boot. Can someone else with a Raptor, or any receiver try this? "

Pixl, on the v32 a33, I get v32 a34 and on the v16 a17, I get v16 a18. Both coming in fine with no lock ups. Both show up as SVC_1 Service and SVC_2 Service. Using 2.11.07 Openbox again.
    There are two audio PIDs on each channel. SVC_2 always locks up for me, as well. I've never been able to get these channels in very well on the Solomend or Manhattan, either. At best, those receivers will show a pixellated still picture with audio that cuts in and out. On the Raptor, audio cuts in and out, but no picture at all.

On a similar note, I've scanned a few scrambled muxes in the Western arc and a few with only SVC names will lock up on the second channel. The symptom is often a lockup when changing from the bad channel to another one. I get blank screen on the AMI channel and on the scrambled muxes the OSD will show the old channel, while the FPD shows the new one.
    Last edited by Sublime; 12-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had some time to look at these problems today with three different receivers and two Enigma firmwares.
    All three of these channels have some things in common for my antenna system:
    1. They are S2
    2. They are weak
    3. The received signal is not consistent.
    My dish is an ancient 7.5 footer with less than a hundred feet of RG6 connected to it. The lnb is a cheap dual. The dish is aimed and adjusted pretty well for maximum signals on these three channels, but it is not enough. I probably need at least a 10ft. dish or better in order to view these channels reliably.

As for the lock-ups on the Raptor, this seems to happen when the signal is rapidly jumping at or below the receiver's point of reception or signal lock. The lock-up seems to occur when the satellite signal jumps below and above a point where the Raptor can lock on and produce a picture. The Raptor does not lock-up in the HDMU Enigma firmware that I tested. I did not experience any lock-ups on AMI, but I would expect to have some if I watched the channels long enough because the signals on them are not much stronger than Nuvo.

An Ali receiver that I tested did not lock up on Nuvo or AMI. The Ali receiver did show the satellite signal bouncing more than the Raptor did. Ali would also show a heavily pixelated picture while the Raptor would show a black screen. I consider this to be normal because the picture I was getting on Ali was not one I would want to watch!

The Golden Media TripleX performed about the same as Ali with heavy pixelation and no lockups. The Golden Media did not scan these three problem channels in. All three had to be manually entered. Today, the wind was blowing and overall conditions were not good for weak DVB S2 signals.

There is not a whole lot I can do to improve satellite reception except to get a bigger dish. Some low loss coax may help my existing 7.5 footer, and I might try a run of LMR400 at a later time if I cannot find a bigger dish. I think my lock up problems with the Raptor will disappear on Nuvo once I get the signal up to an acceptable level. RG6 loses several db, even at 90-100 feet!

I had a similar problem several months ago on 139West. The Raptor would lock-up on me sometimes while I was scrolling through the hundreds of radio channels, but I had a tree blocking part of the signal from 139W. My lock-ups on 139 have disappeared since I relocated the dish away from the tree.

It is doubtful that the Raptor lock-up problem will be fixed in a future firmware release but there is always some hope as long as new firmware is being produced. I can understand not being able to receive something, but I do not appreciate a receiver that locks up completely on a low or bouncing S2 signal! EB

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    and the quest for a second box for me continues-
    raptor locks up,
    micro hd doesn't do bandstacked right and is difficult on my switch config,
    amiko alien is expensive,
    New azbox doesnt do bandstacked yet..
    who will be the winner!

edit i saw an alien on ebay for 150 bucks, so dunno yet
    Last edited by kodaz; 12-13-2012 at 06:52 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for a perfect box, you will not find it! The Raptor does not have any bandstacked settings.
    Overall, the Raptor has been the best fta receiver that I have owned.
    New Android receivers will be out in early 2013 so you may want to wait and see how they work.EB

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kodaz my openboxes work with my eagle aspen bandstacked cband lnb perfect on the blind scan. Doesn't double scan.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12