1. Collapse Details
    Above ground C-band Post mount plans
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I found this link at another forum. Looks pretty good I may have to make one someday. Not sure how to make it plumb but I am sure it is possible:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    rrob, I did something similar to this with my 7 1/2' BUD welded the pole, with support brackets to a steel plate. I then welded 4 X 3/4" bolts to a larger steel deck and put a nut on each bolt, drilled holes in the plate and placed the plate on the 4 bolts and tightened it down with nuts. By doing this I can adjust the plumb any time I want by raising or lowering any corner using the bolts. The BUD has been up for 3 or 4 years and I have only made a few very minor adjustments. I am looking at trying something similar with my 12 footer
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EC can you post a pic of your mount? I would like to see it. I have a welder that I use very little.

I like that idea. I put my 7.5 SAMI on a pallet with a 3" pole I bought from Sadoun I think. It is not plumb at all but I have a few bags of Coal holding it down and it scans OK from 55.5w-85w. I would like to do something more permanent for the 7.5 eventually.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try to get a few pics first thing in the morning and send them along. The setup I have has worked so well, I am trying to decide whether or not I should try something similar for the 12 footer.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    O you didn't set a pole for the big one yet? I got my pole set for the 10' winegard but I still need to bolt up the mount and dish and then run wire. I had to cut several large branches down because I have it set underneath the Pine Trees at the north end of my yard.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, pole not set yet. Been rebuilding the barn walls and getting vet appointments along with certificates of health to export two horses to the US in about 2 weeks. I had considered digging but I know that hard pan is only about two feet down so two options, dig and risk frost heave or go on top of the ground and I am leaning heavily towards the second option. I could build the platform and mount in less than a day and then I will just have to figure how this baby goes back together.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What brand dish is it? Is it mesh?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a 12 mesh. I don't know what brand. A guy was giving it away, at Fridge, so I gabbed it. Lucky I got it when I did. Had I waited any longer I would have missed it. It is completely apart so I have to figure out how it all goes together. Should be a challenge but a nice day, all the necessary tools and a good bottle of Scotch and I should be good to go. Notice I said "I" should be good, I don't guarantee the dish.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, here are some pics of my above ground mount. Been sitting there for about 4 years now and no movement issues yet. The bottom steel deck is approx 8' X 8' and is an old industrial electrical panel that we took apart. The steel plate that the pole is mounted on is an old Fork lift counter weight and is around 24" X 30" (please excuse the poor cuts on the support pegs as I think I was drinking beer when I cut those and had no more steel). We welded the bolts to the main plate and installed a nut on each bolt. We then drilled the top plate and set it on the bolts and put another nut on top. This allow for adjustment by raising or lowering any corner as needed. I then installed 3 big U-bolts 2/3 of the way up the pole and attacked tie down straps to each of them with one going to each front corner of the main (bottom) plate and one going to the center at the back. These were for two reasons. One, added stability, and two they also allow for a very minor adjustments. If the pole is off plumb by just a hair, one ratchet of a tie down strap will bring it back to perfect. I am considering doing something similar, but it would have to be considerable bigger, I think.