I tried this firmware last night and it did seem to Blind scan faster. I used the blind scan option of manual and set it to 10750-12200 which i believe is the width of the scan needed...and it scanned 101 ku in about 10 mins. It doesn't appear to be faster at times, but then it will just jump to the end and start scanning channels. I guess it times and % for a full scan and then when it gets to the part not needed it just jumps through it.

I don't like the colors...red. But least of concerns.
Biggest want/need of new firmware ...atleast for me....is streaming to computer. This may involve an app or a true web interface like e2. If any of you guys are in contact with the manufacturers or coders ...please mention this if you don't mind. That little improvement will make it one of the best boxes for price in NA...period. Atleast in my humble opinion.
Not sure why there isn't more crossover of abilities between E2 and fortis firmware. Both have linux and similar structure. I contacted Optibox about source code like they said to in their text releases ...two months no info. Anyone else tried?