I've had the Raptor a little over a week now. Although not new to many of you, here are my early observations.
With my complex dish system and about 64 existing sat positions to key in has been a challenge. But I have gotten much help from EB to get these thru an editor and on to the receiver. I've got to appreciate the menu structure after living with ALi boxes for some time.
Gone is having to select the sat you are setting up every time you change menus. The set up flows nicely into the scan menu, then on to watching tv. I like the one button "delete all TPs" on a sat. Instant transfer of files in or out thru the network is a breeze.
I'm going to focus with the satellite part of the receiver for now, then mess with the internet later.
At the top on my list of possible FW improvements would be more sat positions, say 99 to match the capacity of most positioners. Also user assignable position Id's would make it easier to bring this receiver into a existing system. I think this box will keep me adequately challenged for some time.