1. Collapse Details
    E2 and cooling Raptor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Most likely some may have already done this, but I thought I would save some testers time if they are contemplating overclocking and cooling the Raptor with E2.

I use the laptop cooler #8425 from Monoprice ($12.00+) that has a very quiet fan along with four usb slots. It works well when using E2 and overclocking the box to 500. Absolutely no problems to date. Have used it at 600 for a week recently, with no problems and no need to remove the cover.

DISCLAIMER - Overclocking - do so at your own risk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.2 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.0 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (88.1 KB, 8 views)

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you overclock these do you have to manually change settings on the board like a PC or is it all done with software?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When using Enigma2, it is selected in the image. But not all images have this selection.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    When you overclock these do you have to manually change settings on the board like a PC or is it all done with software?
    Both PKT and HDMU can do this via software. PKT also has a setting where only the boot sequence is overclocked, leaving normal operation at normal speed. I haven't seen any speed improvement with overclocking except when booting and there was a post at the HDMU forum that basically stated this.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember how far past 600 I tested, but it did improve the boot cycle after making changes and a reboot was required.

Would be nice to see this feature added to other E2 images just to see if it cuts down the backup and reload time of settings.