Thread: Chip ID Clone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I believe my S10 originally came from shop4fta. It is a hacked together box, heatsink on crooked with extra glue hanging off of it onto the board, no washers and nuts on the lnb inputs, but when I checked the chip with the 8888 option it came up as 085B which is supposed to be original. So who knows. I heard shop4fta sold clones. According to that method mine is original.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my S9 over a year ago from Shop4FTA. It came with the original Euro ac plug. When the chip id scare came along, I checked and it was legit. Bought another from Ricks and that one had the U.S. ac plug and it also was legit.

I think Shop4FTA started going grey earlier this year. Recently, they conveniently went out of stock with the Alien.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    .................................................. ............................................
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 12-31-2012 at 09:07 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    At worst, about all a clone kill could do is erase the chip. Loading the firmware through the RS232 should bring it back.
    el bandido is right about the RS232 to recover your open box i have loaded so many firmware on my open box its not funny i used clone one non clone ones i used the firmware that changes the open box into another type of box thats a fun one to toy with called foriegn firmware dr zin posted it here. it also blind scanned pretty good and with this firmware it lets you blind scan in h or v the post is still here if anyone wants to read up on that stuff,

Many times already i had to use computer and my 232 cord to get back my open box as in fix it! easy to do . ..... my open box s9 is original

so there is nothing out there thats gonna kill your open box so to speak (excep time) that you can fix it your self by using your computer and the 232 connection.

if you box is a clone or real dont sweat it! you can bring it back.... so dont be afraid to use differn firmware on your open box thats what i do!

worst case is you have to bring your box to the computer and in less than 5 min its fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12