1. Collapse Details
    Wiring for C-Band actuator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have several C-Band actuators that I bought used. All of them came with a few feet or control wire. None of the pieces are long enough to run to my receiver so I can setup my 7.5' dish. Where/What is a good source for wire so I can hook this up and see if it will move? I would like to get 50' or so. I will be hooking this up to a 4dtv or my old Analog receiver. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am on kind of a limited budget with this.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    To avoid future headaches, I would stick with good ole dual flat ribbon cable. Currently running any where from 1.19 per foot on up.

Or if you want to improvise, I have found many items at various Goodwill stores.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have it temporarily setup with speaker wire. I will need to get something better when I permanently set up my dish. I will have to find some sort of conduit to bury the cab;e.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the motor power I use "low voltage" landscape lighting wire 16 ga. from Home Depot that can be direct buried. For the control pulses any phone wire of light gauge or cat 5 will work.

Although not rated for outdoor or buried service I've had cat 5 in the ground for over two years with no trouble.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, so how deep do you bury the cable?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-4" is all mine is down. Have not had any damage from lawn mowing or driving over it with the truck.