Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Winterizing Your Actuator
    Guest Guest
    Unfortunately old man winter is slowly creeping up on us and its time to prepare our actuators for it. I have my dishes at their extreme western limit with the actuator arm extended as much as possible. Many use different types of lubricant but I choose to use white lithium grease lubricant for my motors. Just spray the whole arm of the actuator and make sure you check all screws to make sure they are tight- tough to do at -20 and with snow on the ground. Once applied, I send my dishes to their eastern limit to make sure that the lubricant is well spread over the arm. Process takes like 5 minutes but keeps your motor in great shape to withstand whatever mother nature can throw at you.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good advice bro..Even if you live in a warm year round climate it's probably still a very good idea.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never done anything to my actuator and was wondering if this would work fine even with a rubber boot on the actuator, or should I remove the boot before applying the grease?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Removing the boot is too much hassle bud. I would lift it up as much as possible to get the arm lubricated. The wind can be nasty so checking to make sure all screws are tight is recommended, regardless of where you live.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    a little to late for me o winterize --but i will do this anyway over the weekend---and make sure to this when winter is near----
    thanks for the info.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a reminder folks, Old Man Winter and Mother Nature are about to get it on again so your actuator needs to be lubricated. Have a quick scan as well to ensure that all bolts are tight.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting close to that time of the year again, depending on where you live. Time to break out the grease and get those motor arms lubricated.

8. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing to check is rust points. My mount is about 15 years old and it was showing rust spots at the base where it exits the cement. The Winegard needed a little rust touch up too, along with the actuator arm. A little sanding and spray paint hopefully will give everything a few more years of life.

10. Likes ViP3R, Costactc liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mounts and screws are all good, 3 motor arms lubricated.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Costa,
    Please make sure the cables are okay before gets too cold.

13. Thanks Costactc thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast