1. Collapse Details
    10/30 Firmware release
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I managed to try out the latest firmware tonight. Issues said to be fixed are:

1- New Design and special theme
    2- Fix Motor and DiSEq Switch Issue
    3- Improve Card Reader and able to read more extension
    4- Improve Youtube Function
    5- Improve Boot in time
    6- Improve Software perfomance and become more fast

The design layout has changed a lot. In the beginning they used to show flags of every country that had a language. These flags are now gone. The 5 1/4 floppy picture (save button in the keyboard) is now gone and it says "save" instead. They also got rid of Pac-Man and replaced him with a back button. I believe they got rid of the cool graphics to save memory. Also the menus have changed and the color scheme has changed.

The Motor control problem seems to have gotten worse. Now I can't get it to move the motor at all after I switch back and forth however the diseqc switch seems to work a little better. Just the motor won't move afterwards. I shut off the box and still don't have any motor control after resetting. Have to go into the install menu and move the dish that way. The only time I can get the motor to consistently move is in the scan menus. The diseqc switching problem seems to be fixed but I would personally be better off using the previous firmware and using the workaround. When I tried to bump the motor in the install menu the dish just started moving. Before you could bump the dish no problem. Now it just goes wherever it pleases. So they definitely need to work on this some more.

I did some blind scanning and it seems to be more detailed. I picked up a 1520SR transponder on 83W Cband so this is impressive to me. I will have to try 99w when I have a chance to my my 13 comtech.

Weather function now allows you to load 4 cities and it works OK instead of losing it's mind. The first time I tried to use Youtube the box froze. So I tried it a second time and it froze again.

Overall this is a good release if you don't use a motor and youtube. But if you are using it for blind scanning and the weather it works well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rrob311; 11-05-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: new pics

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    rrob
    Thanks for the review!! I just finished setting mine with the 11-10-2012. I'll hold with this one probably till next! Today I tested YouTube and Weather and it work great. I set 3 cities on weather and watch a full movie on YouTube!! Since all my dishes are fixed its working great so far!! I need to find a way using the editor so the rename channels doesnt bring back to PR-1, PR-2 etc. when blindscanning. Tommorrow I will test the media player to see if i can play my *.AVI movies. Its to time consuming to convert to mpeg so my other boxes can read it. The X2 plays find Reelz and the 3920 H 30000 mux on 91W while my other boxes is imposible to watch

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya they broke youtube and the motor but the blind scan works well. I am bummed about pacman and the 5 1/4 floppy being gone but o well. I was able to play trp files from my sonicview with the x2.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cw channels on 72w don't play well with this firmware. It is jerky. The previous firmware works OK. These blind scan in OK where the Openbox doesn't notice them.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just in on my email.

"Dear Sir,
    Thanks for write to us, We will have new software and will solve the API Key for the YouTube and will work well..Thanks for you patience
    ----------
    Best Regards
    Ma Wang
    X Square Technology
    Shenzhen-China
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Eric

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear someone is ACTUALLY answering an email. KUDOS to the company.