Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pansat 9500 Memory Loss
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello all, for some unknown reason my Pansat 9500 will not save the time and channel setting when I power down. Example, I can set the time using the manual setting and be on a particular channel, say Bounce on 105.0W c-band, when I power down the receiver, the correct time is showing on the front display, when I power the receiver back on the time is changed to 10:58 am and the channel has changed to channel 1 in the "All Satellite" list which is a promo channel on Amazonas 1 on 61.0W ku. Has my memory chip gone bad or what? Any help will be appreciated.

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be glad to dig my 9500 out and see what we can find about this. What firmware are you using? The time changes? What time was it when you turned the receiver OFF? Does it display 10:58AM everytime you turn the receiver on?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, I am running the lastest fw V.404. The time is whatever I set it at. I can set the time using GMT set to off, when I power the unit off it will keep the correct time until I power the unit up, then the time reverts to 10:58 am and the receiver is on the "All Satellite" channel list and the last channel in that list. This receiver has always stayed on the same channel between powering up/down. For ninstance, if it was on an ION channel on 103.0W when I powered it off, when I would turn it back on, it would still be on that same ION channel. So my question is why is it acting differently now?

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 9500 keeps the correct time when switching on/off, and it plays the same channel that i was on after coming out of standby.
    Try reloading the last firmware through the RS232 port. See if doing that helps.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, I tried that and the pc and the stb connected but it gave me an error that stated, "stb memory error."

mengram

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That error means the receiver and the loader program cannot communicate.

Verify the computer com port is set correctly for the loader program.
    Use a null transfer cable. verify that the cable is null and that it is connected correctly to the receiver and the computer.
    Use correct loading procedure:
    1 Turn the receiver OFF using the rocker switch on back
    2 Insert correct transfer file into the loader program and start the loading process
    3 Turn the receiver ON using the rocker switch in back

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am having to use a USB/Serial Adapter because my old laptop with the actual serial port died (RIP), I am not to sure if it connecting properly. The PC has 32 ports to choose from, all of them but port 3 says "port failed." Port 3 will connect and not give the "port failed" error, but it gives the error message about STB memory error. I tried this procedure on the Pansat using it's recovery program and I also tried it on one of my Openbox S-9s using it's recovery program and got the same message. I think this adapter may be the problem, I bought it today at Office Depot, it's supposed to be compatible with Win 7, Vista, XP, and 2000. Can you recommend a serial port adapter that you know will work with this type of application? Thanks!

mengram

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked in the computer's device manager to verify the serial adapter's com port?
    There are drivers that need to be installed with most serial adapters. These drivers usually come with the adapter or they are available on the internet by searching.
    You may also try reinstalling the serial adapter by plugging it into the computer, going into the computer's device manager
    and uninstalling it. Then remove the serial adapter from the computer and the installation for the adapter will start again when it is plugged into the computer.

Another way to check the serial adapter for correct operation is to download and install the loader program for the Raptor. This loader program is very similar to the one designed for Pansat but it is more advanced and will check the com port connection for you when the loader program is started. It also has loading instructions which should be the same for the Pansat. Of course, the Raptor loader will not work on the Pansat, but it may be used to check your com port connection.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, Wndows 7 has been the hardest operating system for me on installing usb to serial devices. Windows XP has been about the easiest. If you are using windows 7, make sure that you have drivers that are made for this operating system. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey EB, I tried the Optibox loader program and it says, "Not Available Serial Port." So I guess the adapter I am using is not compatible with my pc or the null modem cable. I found a cable, from a company named Star Tech, that is a one piece USB to serial null modem cable. In the product description, it states that it supports Satellite Receivers, and is 6 ft long, I will probably give it a try.
    Thanks for your input with my problem.

mengram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast