1. Collapse Details
    Diseqc 1.2 Problems With The Raptor's Sat File
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Overall, the Raptor is the best fta receiver that I own but it has some issues that I would like to see fixed.
    Recently I have became aware of sat file problems with the Raptor, and I would like to discuss them so everybody will know about them.

The Raptor is currently limited to 58 diseqc 1.2 positions. I think this number was picked because it represented what was available a few years ago. Today, most of our positioners will handle at least 99 positions so the number of stored positions should be increased in the Raptor to at least 99.

Problems in the Raptor's sat file may start occurring way before the 58 position limit is reached if both tuners are being assigned diseqc 1.2 positions. 58 Positions seems to be all the receiver wants you to have for both tuners combined!
    The problems mainly come in the form of settings changing themselves or settings not being stored. What will happen if you are entering in a large number of diseqc 1.2 positions is everything will start out normal, then settings will start changing, gradually at first, then more pronounced as you continue to add diseqc 1.2 positions.

There are ways to overcome or beat the two tuner 58 position limit, but it is not easy. Recently, I helped make a Raptor satellite file that had more than 58 diseqc 1.2 positions assigned between the two tuners, but it took countless hours to make.
    Besides having more than 58 diseqc 1.2 positions, this sat file had switch settings, fixed dishes, and some USALS positions thrown in the mix.

Anybody buying a Raptor that has a large amount of diseqc 1.2 positions they want to use in the sat file needs to be aware of this diseqc 1.2 bug or problem.
    Any antenna system that has over 58 diseqc 1.2 positions assigned to it,may or may not work in the Raptor.

If you have any questions about this problem, feel free to ask. This is an issue that would not affect many people but I would rather post about it now than have somebody complain about it after buying a Raptor! EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should also be noted that 58 diseqc 1.2 positions is the limit for both tuners combined and it includes USALS.
    USALS positions are recognized as diseqc 1.2 positions in the Raptor, so you have 58 positions of combined diseqc 1.2 or USALS for both tuners.
    58 Positions is not enough to satisfy the needs of every user. This position limit needs to be changed to 100 or higher! EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After working with EB a good part of the summer I now have 33 working DiseqC 1.2 positions. Made it thru the whole weekend with no troubles. In past attempts (many) we would build up a file from the original Euro sats and change to N.A. sats. But often this new file would cause the receiver to revert to the factory default with Euro sats. Other attempts might still work but corrupt some of the values such as USALS showing up where 1.2 was earlier. Also tuner 1 gets loaded in all positions by itself, and could not be changed back with the remote, had to use the editor. Eb's most recent solution started with a file that had most all of the data removed rather than fixing the broken files.
    On my wish list would be a sat file structure with at least 99 positions that stand alone. Each sat should be able to be edited or completely removed without interacting with the rest of the sat positions.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into the same problem yesterday after installing the second tuner..being able to at least delete a few satellites may have worked!

I sent another message today asking for the ability to delete satellites and have the diseqc 1.2 positions increased to 100.

We know it can be done, it's just a matter if they are willing to do it for us.

click click b00m