Thread: gekko lnbf

1. Collapse Details
    gekko lnbf
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    i have a gekko ird and trying to setup a dmx941u lnb,unverisal 5150-6000 cband settings for that lnb,but i only get 5150-6000 only on ku band.anyone have a word on this?thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be glad to help you but there are a few things that need to be clarified.

1. What kind of lnb do you have? I cannot find a listing or any information for a DMX941u lnb.

2. What is the 5150-6000 c band setting supposed to be? I have never seen this setting before, but 5150 is a common c band lnb l.o. setting. I do not know what you are trying to do with 5150-6000 as a c band lnb setting.

3. What are you wanting to do with the receiver? The Gekko is very versatile with lnb settings and there are several ways to configure a c/ku lnb in the Gekko if a c/ku lnb is what you actually have. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Probably a 741 lnbf.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right Costa, but if he cannot post the correct information here in the forum then how can we expect him to enter the correct information into the receiver?
    Plain and simple: If you want help, post the correct information. It makes it easier on everybody instead of trying to guess. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for posting the wrong information on the lbn its a 741 lnbf.when i first install my 6' dish i was useing a viewsat 2000.and the settings was;c-band
    lnb power-on
    lnb-type-unverisal
    lnb,lnb-frequency- 5150-6000
    lnb 22khz-on
    k/u band
    lnb power-on
    lnb-type-standard
    lnb,lnb-frequency-9750-6000
    lnb 22khz-off

on the gekko when using c-band i do not have the option off
    lnb-type-unverisal-5150-6000
    that option is only in the k/u setup as standard.is this a little more unstanding?what is the gekko lnbf set up using a dmx741u.thanks

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not a lnb frequency of 9750-6000 or 5150-6000 that is valid! Either of these frequencies could be manually entered into the Gekko, but I have never seen them in a Viewsat 2000 and I doubt they exist because no lnb that I know of is set up like this.

The DMX 741u lnb has a built in diseqc switch to change from the c band to the ku band. It also has a 22 KHz switch to change from the low ku universal frequency of 9750 to the high 10600 frequency.
    Valid lnb l.o. frequencies for the DMX 741u are 5150, 9750, and 10600.

There are several ways to connect this lnb to the receiver. How do you have this lnb connected? Are you using the supplied jumper? If so, then how is it connected?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido thanks for your reply.in post #5 that is the settings that i am using right now on my viewsat,just wanted to use my gekko.

c-band
    lnb-type-unverisal
    lnb type- 5150
    frequency-6000
    lnb 22khz-on
    k/u band
    lnb power-on
    lnb-type-standard
    lnb,lnb-9750
    frequency-6000
    lnb 22khz-off
    thanks for you input.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you have the lnb wired? There are several different ways to connect the 741 lnb to the receiver.
    The 741u lnb has a built-in diseqc switch are you using it??

If you can explain how this combination lnb is connected to the receiver then we may be able to find some settings that will work with it!