Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have always had problems with some low SR. Example, KFTL on 72 ku 11968 H 1666. Starts off with 0%, then letting it sit there, it will lock in with in 10 seconds or upto 2 minutes later. Depending on what day it is, whether I coughed, did ten push ups, or sneezed. LOL. Then, it magically pops up and locks in with a 76 to 78% signal on the meter.

I think Chewie is correct about the list also. It's cured many a problem on my box just by starting with a fresh list that I have always kept as a default backup just for testing purposes. Supposedly, there aren't any under the hood coding differences between firmwares, but in the Openbox version there isn't a pop menu after scanning that asks to save to tuner 1 or 2. Reason being it recognizes the fact that you selected earlier in your dish setting tuner section to save to tuner 1 or 2 for that particular sat just scanned.

One other thing I've noticed is that there is a difference in video quality between firmwares and it does show up on a big screen. Mine has been rock solid except for the low SR problem even with both tuners. Sometimes this problem improves with firmware updates and sometimes it goes back to being an annoyance after updating. As long as the picture locks, I am a happy camper.
    Last edited by eastof111; 11-23-2012 at 06:33 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, i did start from scratch. I did not load my original channel list. When it asked me to copy the result to tuner 2 i choose no.
    Also i took out one of the tuners, so the box only recognized one, and i still have the same results.
    Estof111 is right, this box has problems mostly with low symbol rates.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satcrazy View Post
    Ok, for example: Hipspasat, "cubavision" comes at 86% level on the anaconda with perfect reception. On the Raptor it fluctuates between 42-74% and the picture keeps breaking up. There is a channel with a low symbol rate " telemovel" with the frequency of 12183 V 1110 . The Anaconda locks on it manually instantly , while the Raptor doesn't lock on it at all. And that's the case with both tuners of the Raptor.

I even removed one tuner, thinking there's a conflict, but had the same result.
    What you have said is perfectly normal as the tuner never shows signal numbers between %41-%68 its a quirk the receiver has always had. If you have signal reading %40 then give it the tiniest nudge it will jump to %69

its just an oddball issue don't know why they never fixed it.

and yes same for the blindscan on low sr stuff. Normal behaviour it might load manually.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satcrazy View Post
    Ok, for example: Hipspasat, "cubavision" comes at 86% level on the anaconda with perfect reception. On the Raptor it fluctuates between 42-74% and the picture keeps breaking up. There is a channel with a low symbol rate " telemovel" with the frequency of 12183 V 1110 . The Anaconda locks on it manually instantly , while the Raptor doesn't lock on it at all. And that's the case with both tuners of the Raptor.

I even removed one tuner, thinking there's a conflict, but had the same result.
    Cubavision comes in fine on my Raptor. I have a good signal on this channel using a 1.2 meter dish.

Telemovil 5 is another story. My Raptor will find the transponder for this channel, but it will not scan the channel in or show any signal strength for the 12183V transponder.
    I manually entered the 12183V into the GM TripleX receiver and got the same results, so this transponder is tough to get on some receivers. Enigma2 firmware will find this channel. I switched the TripleX over to E2, added the tp and the receiver scanned it in. I would expect the Raptor E2 to get it as well.

The Raptor has some issues that need to be fixed. We were promised support for this receiver at the first of 2012. We have yet to see anything significant fixed to date. EB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what I have been getting. Ok, so it looks like there's nothing wrong with this box, it's just some issues that need to be fixed. I feel much better now. Thank you guys sooooooooo much !!!!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    another minor little annoyance the Symbolrate like 7199 27499 etc!! perhaps they could round them off..

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    another minor little annoyance the Symbolrate like 7199 27499 etc!! perhaps they could round them off..
    My ALi-based receivers do this, too--very annoying!

My Raptor seems to have similar issues with low symbol rate channels. Also, there are muxes such as the ones on Anik F1/F2 C-Band with SR=30000, DVB-S2, H.264 video/AC3 audio that show 0% quality when on my other receiver (ALi chipset) comes in with 83% quality and plays perfectly. If I leave it for a few minutes, I get a very pixellated picture with audio hits, but the quality remains at 0%. Then there is the signal dropout on certain SD channels. What is weird is that a lot of the channels other people have problems with on other receivers, this Raptor plays perfectly! Everything is the same with both tuners and with E2 and Fortis firmwares.

I'm hoping some combination of tuner/LNB is the issue, but I may just get another ALi receiver for the problem channels and use the Raptor for what the other receiver doesn't work on. (Yeah EB, still procrastinating on that one! )

BTW, I'm getting the Cuban mux perfectly with my 3ft offset--always have with the Raptor. Not a peep of signal on Telemovil. I guess the old YMMV applies...
    Last edited by Sublime; 11-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low SR issue has been passed on to the Russian forum they seem to have direct line of contact with manufacturer and get fixes done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123