Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    First week with the Raptor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I've had the Raptor a little over a week now. Although not new to many of you, here are my early observations.
    With my complex dish system and about 64 existing sat positions to key in has been a challenge. But I have gotten much help from EB to get these thru an editor and on to the receiver. I've got to appreciate the menu structure after living with ALi boxes for some time.
    Gone is having to select the sat you are setting up every time you change menus. The set up flows nicely into the scan menu, then on to watching tv. I like the one button "delete all TPs" on a sat. Instant transfer of files in or out thru the network is a breeze.
    I'm going to focus with the satellite part of the receiver for now, then mess with the internet later.
    At the top on my list of possible FW improvements would be more sat positions, say 99 to match the capacity of most positioners. Also user assignable position Id's would make it easier to bring this receiver into a existing system. I think this box will keep me adequately challenged for some time.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been a month or so now, getting to mess with the IP and internet connections a little.
    I tried my first timed recording. It did not change sats or move the dish when the time came along. Can the Raptor do this or do I have to pre-set sat, ch, and sat position?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the Raptor, but I do have the Anaconda and recordings work perfectly when recorded channels are on stationary dishes. I recently noticed that changing satellites on the motorized dish doesn't always work correctly. I then go into the menu under "dish settings" and the dish moves and the signal appears. I haven't tested to see if this problem always existed or if it's only in the latest firmware versions.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing something wrong.
    The Raptor will move the dish and change to the correct satellite channel when it is time to record. The Raptor does not time out like a lot of the other receivers either. If there is not a signal on the channel when it is time to record, then the Raptor waits until a signal is present then it starts recording.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmnn... maybe something in the recorder settings?
    I'll look them over again.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope so. Either something is wrong or the Raptor does not like your antenna setup! One of the two...JMO.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking thru all the settings for Recording Option and Timer Settings all look ok. Maybe tuner selection? It was set to the default "auto" The receiver had been parked on 101w MeTv, next morning recording was set for ABC-HD 2 on 99w just one sat away, both on tuner 2 C band.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scanning will mess up the timer settings, so check your timers after scanning.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two timers I have set up were un-changed even though some scanning was done.
    I had a recording coming up at 6pm this evening on 119w. I re-set the timer tuner setting to tuner 2 instead of all. Then changed to another sat (both USALS). At 6pm sat moved, channels changed, and the recording started ok! Nice! I'll see what ABC good morning does on the repeating timer tomorrow on DiSEqC 1.2 C band.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my timers change after scanning. Not after every scan, but I have had the channels change on my timers after scanning. EB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast