Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    If you need a null modem cable, I'm sure I have a few lying around. Have to agree with the boys and ship it out for repair.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Viper, we have this thing worked out and hopefully I will be up and running in a few days.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a follow up EC, I got a chance to today to open up your return.

I did get it to load through RS232, Problem was it would only boot in 480i.

It looks to ,me like the HDMI port is shot as well as the Tuner and Ethernet port from what I tested.

So the conclusion is Lightning is not our friend..and you were wasting your time..but we got you fixed up with another box and that's the main thing.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me with Lightning and since then when I see it's coming or forcasted when I won't be home I disconnect the V-Box cables and unplug the power source from the STB.

I guess the same could be said for our our valuable household electronics when a storm is brewing.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When O rodered my new V-Box I also ordered two inline fuses that go in the cable so if I get hit the fuse will open and stop the current just in case something happens when I am not home. Are you actually saying that wasn't all my incompetence? Here I thought I just couldn't couldn't get simple instructions straight. I'm going to crack open one of the bottles of Glenfiddich and have a celebratory shot!
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    When O rodered my new V-Box I also ordered two inline fuses that go in the cable so if I get hit the fuse will open and stop the current just in case something happens when I am not home. Are you actually saying that wasn't all my incompetence? Here I thought I just couldn't couldn't get simple instructions straight. I'm going to crack open one of the bottles of Glenfiddich and have a celebratory shot!
    Yes, you can blame mother nature...lol

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, I can put her on my blame list with Father Time.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Great, I can put her on my blame list with Father Time.
    Oh,, don't even get me started about that old Bastard!!

click click b00m

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234