1. Collapse Details
    Opinions, anyone?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Ok, been trying to get the BUD back up and running and seem to have reached a brick wall. To start with, I am getting good signal strength so I am assuming that cable and LNB are both good (LNB is new). Signal strength varies, depending on satellite, tp and the receiver I am using. If I am using the S-9, I consistently get a strength reading 43% or 44%. If I use the CW700, I can get anywhere from 60% to 99% and pretty much the same with the CS8000. Only reason for using the S-9 is that it can find both DVB S-2 and does blind scan, whereas the CS8000 doesn't blind scan and the CW700 doesn't handle DVB S-2. According to rangersatellite.com, my polar mount elevation should be at 46.21 degrees and then set my declination at 6.17 degrees. All of this checks out, but no matter where I move the dish, I can't seem to get even a hint of signal quality on any satellite. I can tell, standing in the living room, looking at the BUD, when it is pointed at G17 so I have tried to get signal there, just to confirm that I can receive. So far....nothing. I have tried changing the cable to the Ku side of the BSC621 2-d and nothing there either. The focal point should be at 33.75" but the most I can get is 33.5" with the LNB set as far back as I can mount it. Can anyone think of anything I have missed? One other thing. If I take the declination angle away from the elevation, I am left with 40.04, however, according to dishpointer.com, elevation should be 37.5. Ideas??
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    It seems you have all the bases covered EC, I'm stumped. Have you got a dss lnb lying around? If you don't, come see me. I would point to 91w and attempt to get signal quality from a Bell satellite and the you will at least know your at 91w. I also have a modded lnbf collecting dust in my garage that you can use just in case the lnbf I sold you isn't functioning.
    Last edited by easily confused; 08-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What lnb were you sing BEFORE you installed the BSC 621?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    He was using a bsc621 that I gave him years back EB.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    It seems you have all the bases covered EC, I'm stumped. Have you got a dss lnb lying around? If you don't, come see me. I would point to 91w and attempt to get signal quality from a Bell satellite and the you will at least know your at 91w. I also have a modded lnbf collecting dust in my garage that you can use just in case the lnbf I sold you isn't functioning.
    Would I be wrong in assuming that the 621 2-d is good because I am getting signal strength? On some tp's on G17 I am getting signal strength of 99% on the CW700s I don't get more than 43 or 44% on the S-9 but I have found that the signal meter on that receiver is not something I would bank heavily on. By dss lnb, are you referring to a circular lnb? I still have an old single lnb that came on my original Bell dish, although it has been lying around for a while.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    That's exactly what I'm referring to my friend. Point your dish at 91w and slap that lnb on, exactly what I did with the 8' install when I wasn't getting anything- my lnbf was f****d. If you slap the lnbf back on you should pick up tp from Galaxy 17 or there is something wrong with the new lnbf. As I said in a previous post, I have a modded lnbf in my garage that I know is working that you could use.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, swapped out the 621 2-d for an old Bell TV lnb and found nothing where 91W is, however, I went to swing the dish way west so I could reach the lnb from the ground and all of a sudden I got 85% Strength and 73% Quality on what the S-9 said was 103 c-Band. Did a blind scan, just for sh*ts and giggles and the darn thing scanned in 463 encrypted channels, all with C-Band frequencies. One of those is channel 8523 tp 7458/V/19999. Now, for some reason, I am sure that I am well beyond 103W but does anyone have any idea what sat this might be? I had the receiver set to Ku, LO at 11250 and 22Kz set to on.

Update:
    Suspect I have found Anik F-2 at 111W but why am I scanning in what should be Ku with C-band tp's?
    Last edited by easily confused; 08-11-2012 at 08:39 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, disconnected to S-9 and went back to old faithful, the CW700s and low and behold, it immediately picked up on the fact that I had found 110W so everything seems to be working. Now to swap out the dss and put the 621 2-d back in. and I will aim for Anik F-2 seeing as how I am so close.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, an update to what I am classifying as a fairly successful day. I have discovered that, for some reason, none of the receivers seem to detect signal strength. What I did was put the BUD where I was sure there was a satellite and then did a blind scan. As soon as channels were scanned in, then the receivers all show signal strength. Lucky for me I had made a chart that gave the number counts, on the v-box between sat positions so it was fairly simple. I have discovered, though, that I have some work to do as I have everything from 91W to 135W and can't get anything from 89 on down. Obviously I was not as precisely on the belt as I thought. Now to make the corrections and hopefully get the rest of the sats back. Also can only get 2 channels on AMC1 whereas I used to have a whole mess of them so I need to work on that but at least I know that everything seems to be working properly. A huge thanks to Costa for suggesting I try using a dss lnb to locate a sat. I would not have tried that and it was that which allowed me to locate the first satellite and go from there.

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Great to see you finally having some success my friend.